Cultural Heritage Advisor
Vacancy number • PUB406662
On behalf of our client, a global energy company, we are currently seeking for a Cultural Heritage Advisor top join their Perth or Karratha offfices on a 12-month contract basis.
This position will be responsible for inputting and reviewing cultural heritage material for environmentalplans, specifically providing cultural heritage inputs into environment plans; assessing and articulating cultural
values in records of consultation; and assessing and developing controls for identified cultural values.
Working at the direction of the Manager Global Heritage and alongside multi-disciplinary teams, this role will workclosely with the Environment and Corporate Affairs environment plan teams to ensure timely delivery of cultural
heritage content into environment plans.
About this role
- Understanding of First Nations/Cultural Heritage concepts, values and terminology.
- Familiar with industry heritage practice, including the Burra Charter
- Responsible for reviewing, synthesising, and interpreting cultural heritage information.
- Responsible for developing control measures to manage cultural features and heritage values, includingcreative problem solving.
Corporate Affairs deliverables:
- Summarising cultural heritage information for inclusion in environment plans to meet regulatory standards.
- Articulating specialist heritage concepts for non-specialist audiences.
- Reviewing, synthesising and interpreting cultural heritage information from consultation records.
- Developing control measures to manage cultural features and heritage values, including creative problemsolving.
- Government advocacy and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Cultural heritage, corporate affairs or First Nations related experience.
- Bachelor degree in communications, archaeology, anthropology, political science, legal or related fields.
- Awareness of Australian First Nations communities and culture.
- Understanding of community issues that interface with Woodside’s business.
- Demonstrated ability as a team player, enabler and ability to work independently and within a diverse team.
- Preparedness to drive outcomes in support of overall development milestones.
- Demonstrated ability to apply initiative and innovation to work activities.
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Australian Fulll working rights
The role may be based in Perth or Karratha, Western Australia and candidates from both locations will beconsidered.
- 12 month contract (initially)
- Option to work at the Perth or Karattha offices
- Work with a global energy company foundded in Ausstralia
- Flexible work arranggements
Operating locally since 1997, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 45 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Engineering & Construction, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Mining, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Yamila Cabral quoting publication number: PUB406662