About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Mining
- Area of Expertise: Construction & Commissioning
- Location: Lenexa
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Saturday, 5 November 2022
About this role: CSU Technical Services Manager
Brunel is currently searching for a Commissioning & Start-up (CSU) Technical Services Manager for direct hire with our client in Lenexa, Kansas.
We are looking for a Subject Matter Expert in Mineral Processing. Previous experience in Process and Start-up experience in a range of mining and mineral processes for commodities which include various forms of Lithium, Gold, Silver, Copper, Soda Ash and Rare Earth elements. This role will sponsor the commissioning planning activities and deliverables through the FEL and Detailed Design Phases of a project. Principal input is targeted at both steady state operability as well as transient operating conditions, such as pre-commissioning, commissioning, startup stages, load changes, normal shutdown, emergency shutdown and maintenance.
The CSU Technical Services Manager develops and submits man-hour estimates to the Director of Commissioning for review and approval for all new proposals based on ITB requirements and input from the Proposal Manager.
- Participates in PFD / P&ID Reviews
- Participates in Technical / Hazard Reviews
- Participates in Factory Acceptance Tests
- Participates in Model Reviews
- Participates in Project Meetings and Consultation
- Develops and Participates in Training Programs
- Develops and writes Operating Philosophies, Basic Engineering Package Operating Manuals, Operating Instructions Manuals – to OSHA Standards, Utilities / Off-sites Manuals, Laboratory Manuals / Laboratory Equipment Specifications, Pre-commissioning / Commissioning Procedures, Maintenance Manuals, Chemical Cleaning Documents, Tie-In Procedures
- Develops Lubrication Schedules
- Develops Systems Priority / Turnover Identification Packages
- Develops Startup / Vendor Servicemen Schedules
- Develops Man hour Estimates for new proposals
- Responsible for the scheduling activities required to support on-going projects. This includes producing a 2-month look-ahead schedule that will include such items as:
- Issue date for the CSU Estimate, operating philosophy, operating manuals, safety manuals, laboratory manuals, lubrication schedule, pre-commissioning / commissioning procedures, Manual review / issue dates, HAZOPS, SIMOPS P&ID, 3D Model reviews
- Should possess a Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline
- At least 20 years of equivalent work experience and be considered a technical expert in Commissioning and Startup in Mineral Processing
- Knowledge of internal engineering systems and tools
- Knowledge of PC, Windows, Office Software and IT implementation background.
- Position offers a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in the industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans, voluntary wellness, employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching and generous paid time off.
- Salary based on experience, $180-$220K
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Our client is a full-service engineering consulting and design firm serving a broad range of the industrial markets with best-in-class technical expertise focused on EPC and design-build delivery of industrial projects in markets in Mineral Processing.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Cindy King is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Detroit