About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Mining
- Area of Expertise: Operations & Maintenance
- Location: Australia
What is required?
- hours per week: 84
- Education level: Vocational School
- Closing date: Sunday, 25 June 2023
About this role: Crane & Rigging Supervisor
Brunel Papua New Guinea are seeking a Crane & Rigging Supervisor preferably with a background in mining sector. This is a FIFO role based at a Gold mine in PNG. This will be a 6-month contract opportunity (extension highly likely) with FIFO benefits with attractive day rates! Roster – 22 days on/20 days.
- Maintain constant open communication with and clear direction for all relevant staff, remaining acutely aware of all tasks and activity on the project at all times
- Liaise with other area Superintendents to maximise efficiencies during work planning
- Responsible for ensuring that new employees that are working in the area have received the required inductions and training appropriate to their tasks
- Supervises work carried out to ensure high quality of workmanship and efficiency
- Monitors progress of all work, identifies need for changes to workforce and directs Supervisor to allocate alternative work as and when necessary
- Ensures plant and equipment is available and suitable for jobs by planning and assessing needs
- Closely monitor the working team’s environment, quickly identifying and eliminating any potential conflict or issues and resolving prior to escalation
- Track daily and weekly attendance and overall working hours, taking care to ensure weekly timesheet accuracy, including the capturing of any relevant travel time or other forms of allowances
- Ensure all relevant compliance and staff development training takes place to ensure project’s needs are met
- Assist with QA documentation around Certifiable works
- Must have experience using 500T Demag crawler crane
- Proven ability and experience working in the crane and rigging industry or in a similar construction, mining or heavy civil/mechanical projects would be beneficial
- Advanced Relevant Crane & Rigging Certificates
- High Risk work Licence: (RI, CO)
- HR Driver Licence (minimum)
- Demonstrated experience manning large commercial contracts
- Precise with high level of technical aptitude
- Able to perform well in a team with good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel CommunityBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Papua New Guinea. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract or permanent.
Operating in Papua New Guinea since 2008, Brunel has their major bases in Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning 44 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Wilfred Kochannek is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane