About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Schiedam
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Friday, 14 October 2022
About this role: Cost Engineer
RESPONSIBILITIES (=) MAIN TASKS (+)
- You acquire advanced knowledge of potential expenditures in order to identify potential overruns early enough for the Project Manager to take proactive' corrective actions as required, analyze project expenditure and develop cost trending.
- You will analyze all available data to determine cause of over runs under runs
- You are responsible to create cost conscious atmosphere so that all persons working on a project are aware of how their activities impact the project cost including all applicable Contractual issues,
- You will actively build partnerships and work collaboratively with others within the project team (Planning, Contracts, Purchasing, Engineering, Construction and Accounting team members) to get commercial and technical input and in the end meet shared objectives.
- Apply and adapt corporate cost control methodology to the project.
- Establish the initial Budget including all relevant technical cost data and assumptions from the Estimating phase,
- Minimize project costs by looking at all activities from a cost reduction point of view,
- Prepare cost estimates for possible design' project execution changes,
- Analyze the project budget, the technical and commercial data using trending' earned value' in-house methods in order to prepare the monthly project cost forecasts,
- Prepare the Project Forecast on a monthly basis and consolidate results in the Cost Control Monthly Report,
- Assist in the formulation of Project Financial Reports destined for the Senior Management of SBM,
- Identify and prepare Project Variation Orders for approval by Project Manager and submission to Client.
- Provide cost information to either verify validity of suppliers change request or as input to change Requests to Client.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a technical discipline,Experience: Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the offshore' shipbuilding industries in Estimating or Project.Specific competencies: Fluent in English.
- Problem-solving skills, attention to detail and a methodical approach to work,
- Ability to analyze information and be comfortable with data,
- Solid IT skills, with good knowledge of MS Excel and the ability to learn specialist software,
- Excellent team working attitude, relationship-building and interpersonal skills, ability to plan and prioritize work to meet objectives and deadlines.
- Please note, only EU nationals will be considered for this role as a requirement from the client
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Michelle Birnie is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy UK Manchester