About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Mining
- Area of Expertise: Cost Control & Procurement
- Location: Perth
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Other
- Closing date: Tuesday, 20 June 2023
About this role: Cost Analysts/Engineers - Mining - Perth
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a dedicated Cost Analyst/Engineer to join the team.
As a Cost Engineer, you will play a vital role in the team through innovative cost management solutions.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in an inclusive and safety-focused environment, with the flexibility of working arrangements.
- Collaborate with project delivery teams, providing proactive cost and change management support
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders at a project level
- Ensure occupational health and safety standards are met for yourself and the team
- Implement project cost and change management activities, including budgeting, contingency management, cost risk management, and cashflow forecasting
- Assist in managing owners' costs and provide explanations for cost deviations
- Raise areas of concern to project leads and managers to avoid surprises
- Interact with regional stakeholders in line with Rio Tinto Values
- Provide cost analysis and support for assigned project portfolios
- Ensure compliance with project controls guidelines and procedures
- Manage cost assessments and valuations for larger projects
- Facilitate project review meetings and update cost management tools and systems
- Assist in maintaining the integrity of integrated project cost reports
- Develop regular cost and change management reports with professional analysis and commentary
- Support project cashflow forecasting and estimates at completion
- Collaborate with planners, contracts, and estimating teams to articulate and understand implications of changes
- Provide technical support to project stakeholders
- Conduct independent assessments of project progress and estimates at completion
- Engineering or Quantity Surveying qualifications
- Minimum 5 years of project controls delivery experience on large projects
- Experience working on mining projects and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in PrismG2 preferred
- Strong Excel spreadsheet skills for data verification and crosschecking
- Familiarity with SAP for report extraction
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Strong time management skills and ability to work within tight schedules
- Excellent team player, capable of collaborating across all levels
- Full Australian Working Rights
- Project management experience
- Understanding of the relationship between schedule and cost
- Previous experience with cost management systems
- Advanced Excel proficiency
- Ability to facilitate cost forecasting and project change management reviews
- Experience with month-end tasks, including cost reconciliation and variance analysis
- Willingness to undertake occasional site trips
- Portfolio environment experience (advantageous, but not compulsory)
- 12 month contract
- Hourly rate $75-$85/hour + super
- Perth-based, Monday – Friday, with adhoc travel to Pilbara
- Weekly pay
- Access to Brunel Employee Benefits
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel CommunityBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Jasmine Wille is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth