About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Saudi Arabia
What is required?
- hours per week: 48
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Friday, 31 March 2023
About this role: Control System Engineer
- We are seeking a Control System, Engineer to join Northern Area Gas Producing Engineering Division, under Northern Area Gas Producing Department (NAGPD). NAGPD produces non-associated gas from onshore and offshore fields safely, reliably and efficiently while protecting the environment;
- Handle process activities such as studies and design modification in the operating facilities;
- Look for opportunities to optimize operations and implement them accordingly;
- Provide technical direction/support to in-kingdom and out kingdom design contractors;
- Participate in standards reviews to assure inclusion of requirements that are of practical benefit to field operation and maintenance in regard to safety and efficiency of the plant;
- Conduct risk assessment;
- Lead feasibility studies;
- Lead PHA and HAZOP studies;
- Develop implementation plan for critical recommendation;
- Perform management of change (MOC);
- Verify system operations and performance after implementing the recommendation;
- Provide day to day technical support to operation and maintenance teams, to troubleshoot and fix process control equipment;
- Review project proposals and detailed design packages for new and/or existing facilities;
- Conduct a failure analysis and provide recommendations for failed process systems and sequence of event reporting.
- Hold Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical, Automation or Controls Engineering and should have a Minimum of 18 to 20 years of professional engineering experience effectively performing similar roles and responsibilities, preferably in oil and gas facility;
- Have Advanced working knowledge of Siemens PLC systems: Simatic S7 400, F & FH systems, S7 1200, S7 1500 and Practical experience with Industrial Communication via Profibus, Profinet, Modbus, Ethernet networks;
- Ability Expertise in the field of operational concepts, DCS /ESD / SCADA specifications and Hands on work experience with SCADA, DCS, ESD and F&G systems;
- Knowledge and work experience with Siemens PCS7 and Client-Server architectures, Historians, and knowledge of VMWare;
- Knowledge of Industrial codes and standards - DIN/ASME / API / ANSI / NEMA / NPFA / ATEX etc;
- Electrical wiring in low voltage cabinets, ability to develop engineering and wiring schematics, loop diagrams and power distribution for automation systems;
- Able to prioritize tasks and to manage workloads in an effective manner with minimal direct supervision and flexibility in managing multiple and diverse tasks;
- Communicate what are frequently complex technical, economic and commercial concepts in a clear and succinct manner, to individuals and groups from diverse professional backgrounds and demonstrate the ability to work with multidisciplinary teams producing reports, studies, and presentations that are pivotal in shaping managements decisions.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Mohammad Shujat Qureshi is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Mohammad Shujat Qureshi
Brunel Energy India Mumbai