About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Calgary
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Saturday, 10 June 2023
About this role: Contracts Lead
Our client, who specializes in industrial energy projects that will build and operate a terminal for the liquefaction, storage and loading of liquefied natural gas is seeking candidates for a Contracts lead role in Sparwood, British Columbia.
In this role you’ll support the relocation of the existing Maintenance complex to allow a continuation of mining. The project consists of two components the construction of a new administrative and maintenance complex and the decommissioning and remediation of the existing maintenance complex. As a Contracts lead, you’ll be managing a team to support the project in numerous remote locations (project site, Calgary, and Vancouver). You will as well be responsible for communicating with stakeholder and the leadership team to support the design build scopes and managing Tier 1 contractors.
- Manage a team of direct reports and oversee the construction project on a full-time permanent basis.
- Ensure the completion of design, procurement, construction, and commissioning and turnover of the new facilities prior to Mid-2024.
- Execute the Project based on a construction led progressive design build model.
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders, including EPC and Internal clients.
- Communicate and interact with on-site superintendents and senior-level stakeholders in a diplomatic manner.
- Monitor and control project costs and schedules to ensure project objectives are met.
- Provide regular updates and reports on project status and performance to senior management.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management, or related field
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in project management in EPC/design build scopes, preferably in mining or heavy industrial sector
- Strong communication, stakeholder management, and leadership abilities
- Experience managing direct reports on a project.
- Experience with managing Tier 1 contractors
- Ability to work on a rotation basis (anticipated 9 on x 5 off rotation schedule, TBC)
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
About UsBrunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Clemens Snoeijer is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto