About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Tuesday, 4 October 2022
About this role: Contracts Engineer Drilling & Completions
Brunel is a global provider of flexible
workforce solutions and expertise, connecting specialists with clients across the globe. We deliver
innovative services like Recruitment (people, talent, and training), Logistics
(global mobility and travel), Technical Services (project support and setup)
and Consultancy to our clients both globally and locally.
Brunel is now present in 40+
countries with over 12,000+
offices worldwide, and close to €1
billion (Revenue 2021).
- Manage a portfolio of existing D&C contracts; examples of duties include assessing suitability of current contracts for new rig programs, seeking opportunities to optimize contract effectiveness, providing technical evaluation for scope adds and estimating cost impact for contract cap values, implementing change orders / contract amendments as required, etc.
- Establish new D&C contracts; examples of duties include defining technical requirements / specifications to be included in contracts, developing contract / tendering strategies, providing engineering support for tendering activities, conducting technical and commercial evaluations, assisting in negotiations, etc.).
- Interface internally with other D&C Team members to ensure contract effectiveness, capturing lessons from current contracts and applying for upcoming rig programs
- Interface with other COMPANY stakeholders such as Supply Dept and Subsurface Business Support to support tendering and procurement processes
- Support the preparation of tender committee presentations and submissions.
- Provide mentorship for the development of National Engineers and junior staff
- Minimum B.S. Degree in Engineering from an accredited and recognized university
- Minimum of 8 years post-degree, including relevant work experience in both Engineering and Contracting aspects of large offshore Drilling & Completions rig programs
- Experience and strong technical knowledge of Drilling & Completions equipment, materials and services (preferably including Jackup Drilling Rigs, Directional Drilling, Drilling Fluids, OCTG, Cementing, Liner Systems, Completion Equipment, Wellheads & Trees, Wireline, Coiled Tubing, Perforating, Acid Stimulation, Fishing and Milling)
- Experience in Drilling & Completions contract strategies, contract tendering, contract award, post award contract administration and contract negotiations for large Drilling & Completions programs
- Strong communication skills, including strong verbal and written skills in English and ability to clearly and concisely convey results and recommendations from technical and commercial analysis to audiences
- Experience working in Middle East Region strongly preferred
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Babu Harishchandra Jadhav is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Babu Harishchandra Jadhav
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha