Vacancy number • PUB406247
Brunel are proud to represent a large Tier 2 National Builder as they search for an experienced Contracts Administrator to join their team! This isn't just any role - it's the chance to genuinely enjoy work and be pushed to achieve the best results you can.
This is a national builder with a great reputation in the industry for their employee centric culture, with a deep understanding of what it means to enjoy a work / life balance. Outcomes of this are proven through employee retention and market reputation.
They are renowned for their outstanding work in commercial new builds / refurbishments mainly working on government projects for social housing and schools.
- $150 - 170k package p/a depending on experience
- Good work life balance with no clock-watching and weekend work rarely required
- Trust and autonomy to complete your work
- More control over the running of smaller projects to allow progression to PM level if desired
About this role
The initial project for the CA to commence is an multi-million social housing apartment build.
- Ensure timely placement of Purchase Orders that support contract services for production work in compliance with corporate controls and best practices.
- Track progress, and support the Project Manager with coordinating Contractor’s compliance regarding company systems and controls.
- Oversee the administration and performance of service contracts.Ensure contract payments are executed accurately and anomalies are identified.
- Ensure payments are made to Contractors in accordance with requirements of Company agreements held with contracts in a timely manner.
- Advise on contract risks and support the stewardship of gap closure and opportunities for improvement, assisting with prioritization where required.
- Liaise with Contractor Representatives on a daily basis to address issues that may arise from the placement and amendment of purchase orders and the payment of invoices for work executed against those purchase orders.
- Foster positive, constructive relations and dialogue between Contractor and Company representatives, as well as assist in facilitating resolution to issues or problem-solving.
- Maintain critical contractual documentation, including SOA’s, Purchase Orders, Records of Meetings and decisions.
- Numbers, Purchase order numbers and Contract Owners/Admin.
- Ensure effective contract administration through records management, advice and compliance with procurement & controls
- 4+ years’ experience with Contract administration, within the commercial construction space, ideally with exposure to new-build projects over $5m+ in value.
- Experience in engaging with contractors.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to manage discipline and performance issues in the workplace.
- Budgetary reporting and analysis skills.
- Solid written communication and reporting skills.
- Good observation and listening skills.
- Demonstrates high level of initiative.
- Good communication skills (oral & written) in English.
- Excellent computing skills with experience working on construction softwares.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a project wider team.
- Genuine support from a long-standing management team
- Autonomy within your role to work gain experience running smaller projects
- Career development opportunities
- Rare weekend work
We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Engineering & Construction, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Mining, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Sinead Howard quoting publication number: PUB406247