About this job
- Market: Infrastructure
- Branch: Building Facilities & HVAC
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: South Brisbane
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Wednesday, 14 June 2023
About this role: Contracts Administrator
Brunel has recently partnered with a Tier 2 commercial builder to assist in the recruitment of a Contracts Administrator to join their close knit team.
This is a national builder with a great reputation in Fit Out and New Build, they are now entering an exciting new era in QLD, with a number of flagship projects secured for 2023
Project values will range from $20M - $60M, which will include some D&C projects.
This is a builder who has a great name for employee retention and satisfaction, having recently won a number of employer of choice awards.
It is a family centric culture, with a deep understanding of what that means to employees, there are regular team and family actives to build a collaborative team.
This is a workplace people genuinely enjoying being a part of.
While this is a commercial role it will have a strong focus on continuing the great relationship in place with long term sub contractors, this is a business that prides itself on really partnering with all involved in the project.
Duties will also include
- Ensure timely placement of Purchase Orders that support contract services for production work in compliance with corporate controls and best practices.
- Track progress, and support the Project Manager with coordinating Contractor’s compliance regarding company systems and controls.
- Oversee the administration and performance of service contracts.
- Ensure contract payments are executed accurately and anomalies are identified.
- Ensure payments are made to Contractors in accordance with requirements of Company agreements held with Contracts in a timely manner.
- Advise on contract risks and support the stewardship of gap closure and opportunities for improvement, assisting with prioritization where required.
- Liaise with Contractor Representatives on a daily basis to address issues that may arise from the placement and amendment of purchase orders and the payment of invoices for work executed against those purchase orders.
- Foster positive, constructive relations and dialogue between Contractor and Company representatives, as well as assist in facilitating resolution to issues or problem-solving.
- Maintain critical contractual documentation, including SOA’s, Purchase Orders, Records of Meetings and decisions.
- Numbers, Purchase order numbers and Contract Owners/Admin.
- Ensure effective contract administration through records management, advice and compliance with procurement & controls
- Experience in engaging with contractors, in a collaborative way
- 3+ years’ experience with Contract administration, within the commercial construction space, ideally with exposure to projects over $5m in value.
- Good interpersonal and motivation skills, with ability to manage discipline and performance issues in the workplace.
- Budgetary reporting and analysis skills
- Solid written communication and reporting skills.
- Highest standard of Safety, Health, Environment aptitude and cultivates the same in others
- Good observation and listening skills
- Demonstrates high level of initiative.
- Good interpersonal and motivation skills.
- Good communications and presentation skills
- Good communication skills (oral & written) in English
- Good Planning, execution and organizational skills
- Excellent computing skills
- Ability to work independently
On offer a work environment that promotes a great work culture, with a great management team who are big on mentoring and fostering the right culture for success
The company offers multiple career progression routes, there are opportunities to progress into a commercial manager, or that of Project Management, this will be achievable from the outset with clear goals and milestones put in place which will be followed up in a weekly mentoring session
You will get exposure to exciting and interesting projects across Brisbane.
The salary on offer is competitive and above market.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world.
We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Trent Merrotsy is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane