About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Scotland
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Saturday, 22 July 2023
About this role: Contract Specialist
Brunel are looking for a highly experienced Contract Specialist to join one of our major global clients within their project teams;
Start date: ASAP;
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
As a Contract Specialist you Will be Responsible for the Following:
- Commercial and contractual aspects of tendering, negotiating, awarding and managing all contracts and major purchase orders. Interface with department managers, project managers, project engineers to develop scopes;
- Maintaining effective compliance to BMS in accordance with Company procedures and systems including risk and opportunity sensitivities;
- Provide commercial and contractual advice to department managers and Project Management Teams (PMT);
- Liaison with project managers and project engineers leading to negotiation and execution of all Variation Orders (VO) with contractors;
- Highlighting any major commercial or contractual risks or issues to the relevant managers and work with them to ensure optimum solution;
- Project close-out activities - ensuring signature of acceptance, performance feedbacks and satisfactory monitoring of bonds / warranty etc;
- Assist contracts team lead in identifying and implementing business improvements;
- Coordination and delivery of department initiatives as required e.g., systems and procedures, lessons learned (capture and feedback);
- Responsible for tendering, negotiation and administration of allocated Frame Agreements;
- Analyse commodity spend information including market analysis and develop sourcing strategies;
- Preparation and expediting signature of internal approval documents e.g. Contract Commitment Request.
The ideal Candidate Will be:
- Educated to degree level in an appropriate discipline or alternatively have Supply Chain education both formal (CIPS) and informal through circa 5 -10 years’ equivalent experience;
- Awareness of a commercial environment;
- Knowledge of Supply Chain processes;
- Professional or degree-level qualification in a quantity surveying, business or legal discipline;
- Proven experience in a subcontract's environment;
- Previous experience with marine and vessel projects.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Ben Callander is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy UK Manchester