About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Scotland
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Friday, 28 April 2023
About this role: Contract Specialist
Our client, a High-Profile Global Organisation within the Energy Sector, has an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled Contract Specialist to work within one of their Project Teams.
Start date: Immediate
Employment type: Permanent
Your Responsibilities Include but are not Limited to:
- Commercial and contractual aspects of tendering, negotiating, awarding and managing all contracts and major purchase orders. Interface with department managers, project managers, project engineers to develop scopes
- Maintaining effective compliance to BMS in accordance with Company procedures and systems including risk and opportunity sensitivities
- Arranging all project bonds, guarantees and insurances as required
- Provide commercial and contractual advice to department managers and Project Management Teams (PMT)
- Liaison with project managers and project engineers leading to negotiation and execution of all Variation Orders (VO) with contractors
- Highlighting any major commercial or contractual risks or issues to the relevant managers and work with them to ensure optimum solution
- Project close-out activities - ensuring signature of acceptance, performance feedbacks and satisfactory monitoring of bonds / warranty etc.
- Assist contracts team lead in identifying and implementing business improvements
- Review and update, on a weekly basis, Procurement Register
- Coordination and delivery of department initiatives as required e.g., systems and procedures, lessons learned (capture and feedback)
You are Right for This Role if:• Educated to degree level in an appropriate discipline or alternatively have Supply Chain education both formal (CIPS) and informal through circa 5 -10 years’ equivalent experience• Awareness of a commercial environment• Knowledge of Supply Chain processesNice to have:
• Professional or degree-level qualification in a quantity surveying, business or legal discipline• Proven experience in a subcontract's environment• Previous experience with marine and vessel projects
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Ben Callander is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy UK Manchester