About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Mining
- Area of Expertise: Cost Control & Procurement
- Location: Saskatoon
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Secondary School
- Closing date: Sunday, 30 October 2022
About this role: Contract Negotiation Specialist
Brunel is seeking a diligent contract professional to provide support for planned contract packages. This role will contribute to and support a Manager PC and Principal PC to develop requests for proposals, bid evaluation, bid analysis and contract formation Procurement Packages or Trade Contracts or Prime Contracts as an integrated member of the Projects, Commercial team.
- Undertake sourcing, develop contracts prepare for execution of new contracts and manage contract variations compliant with the companies Charter, Code of Conduct, Group Level Documents (GLDs), Functional Level Requirements (FLRs) and relevant statutory obligations.
- Assist in facilitating meetings with internal and external stakeholders to sponsor deeper relationships with all supply chain partners.
- Liaise with other teams within the company’s supply on collaborative tendering strategies that deliver spend aggregation benefits.
- Prepare the documentation for the review/ approval process for the execution of variation/ amendment requests for contracts to company guidelines.
- Respond to potential new vendors with suitable responses to business development enquiries.
- Issues RFx in alignment with sourcing/contracting strategy
- Escalate contractual issues to relevant stakeholders and coordinate the resolution process including the facilitation and resolution of issues arising from claims, invoicing and rebates.
- Assist with making business decisions when working with international stakeholders/ organisations based on an understanding of other countries' norms and cultural nuances
- 2-4 years related experience in a fast-paced commercial environment or similar with experience within the mining and mineral resources industry
- Demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills; Experience in applying your strengths in analysis and problem solving in order to develop business solutions;
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment;
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities;
- Multi-tasking and organizational management skills;
- Knowledge of establishing tender packages and bid evaluation agreements;
- Proficient in the MS Office Suite of products, specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project;
- SAP / GCMS / Procon / Smart Plant experience or experience in a mature Contract Management System (CMS) is preferred;
- An inquisitive nature and flexibility to work in a team distributed across time zones; and
- Ability to have fun in a fast paced, high standard environment
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing — anywhere in the world.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Cherie Taylor is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary