About this job
- Market: Infrastructure
- Branch: Building & Construction
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: South Brisbane
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Monday, 1 May 2023
About this role: Construction Manager
Brunel has exclusively been engaged by a well-established construction company for the sourcing and selection of a Construction Manager in Brisbane.
This is a large national business with a reputation for delivering high-quality projects across a range of sectors, including commercial, residential, education, and healthcare.
This is a business who has multiple arms, due to a number of long standing relationships, which have led to a very impressive pipeline of work, the business is now looking for a Construction Manager to take on the new build commercial construction arm of the business, projects within this division range from $30 - $100 million in value
With over 30 years of experience in the industry, the business has built a strong foundation of expertise, knowledge, and relationships that enable them to deliver outstanding results for their clients.
- Oversee new build projects and manage a team of project managers
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients and suppliers
- Collaborate with the pre-contracts team to foster new business relationships
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, and to a high standard
- Continuously monitor project performance and implement improvements
- Coach and mentor staff to promote personal and professional growth
- Foster a positive and collaborative team culture
It will be desirable for the successful applicant to have experience in either healthcare, social housing, and sporting facilities, with values ranging from $30 – $100 million.
While this is a non EBA business, it will be highly regarded if the successful applicant has knowledge of industrial relations.
- Collaborate with design managers to ensure projects are feasible and efficient
- Manage multiple project teams and ensure effective communication and collaboration
- Work closely with the pre-contracts team to foster new relationships with clients
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with suppliers and subcontractors
- Ensure projects comply with all relevant safety, health, and environmental standards
- Continuously monitor project performance and implement improvements as needed
- Oversee multiple project budgets, schedules, and resources effectively
- Provide guidance and support to project managers and project teams to promote personal and professional growth
- Foster a positive and collaborative team culture by promoting open communication and team building activities
- A bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering, or a related field.
- Ideally have several years of experience working in commercial construction within either a SPM or CM role
- A strong understanding of construction techniques, materials, and processes, as well as knowledge of relevant building codes and regulations.
- Able to lead and motivate project teams, including subcontractors and suppliers, and effectively communicate with stakeholders such as clients, architects, and engineers.
- Problem-solving skills: must be able to identify and resolve issues that arise during the construction process, such as unforeseen delays, cost overruns, or safety concerns.
- Able to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders, including clients, workers, and government officials.
This is an opportunity to join a company with a reputation for delivering high-quality construction.
This business has a strong emphasis on teamwork and collaboration which will provide the successful applicant with a positive work environment where they can work together with colleagues to achieve common goals, it will also be highly essential for the successful applicant to able to contribute and grow this collaborative culture.
This culture of mutual respect and support can be incredibly motivating for a construction manager who values strong relationships and open communication with their colleagues. Furthermore, a company that prioritizes employee training and development can offer opportunities for a construction manager to learn new skills and advance their career within the company.
On offer is a competitive salary package as well as annual bonuses.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel CommunityBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world.We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.Brunel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Tim Chapman is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane