About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Perth
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Friday, 17 November 2023
About this role: Construction Engineer - Mechanical
On behalf of Chevron, one of the world's leading integrated energy companies, we are seeking a dedicated and talented individuial to join their team as a Construction Engineer - Mechanical.
In this role, you will play a crucial part in ensuring operational excellence and construction management on one of Chevron's high-impact projects. You will be based in Perth for the first 6 months, transitioning to a 14/14 site rotation.
- Provide support and leadership to achieve an Incident and Injury Free Workplace.
- Champion work place safety with a focus on prevent SIF’s. Proactively share learnings that are related to construction.
- Ensure that the project adopts safety principles of having safe guards in place that are functioning.
- Provide Mechanical/Piping input into the MEI contract bid and tender, support with clarification questions.
- Liaise with Perth Construction and Facility engineering team to solve complex technical issue
- Identify quality issues and communicate with quality team and raise, track, and close out non-conformance reports. Ensure quality processes are followed through the ITP and checksheets completions.
- Coordinate equipment vendors visits to ensure work is complete to not impact site construction activities
- Support the deployment of fit for purpose work processes, guidelines, policies, and standards that will ensure technical superiority, quality of the work product, effective project execution, capital stewardship, and efficiency
- Work closely with project management and execution contractor to ensure optimum constructability of the facilities being designed
- Ensure quality is maintained to the project standards and to the ITPs
- Lead walkdowns onsite and manage punchlists.
- Work with the construction team on site and support during the construction phase of the project with a focus on safety, and productivity.
- Ensure the Production Performance Management System is working effectively.
- Technical queries are resolved in a timely manner.
- Extensive Mechanical engineering and construction experience with medium to large capital projects in green and/or brown field work environment.
- Experienced with engineering standards, principles, and concepts. Has a broad understanding of various disciplines.
- Competent in the application of Company practices, behavioral based safety practices, governmentalregulations, and industry codes.
- Able to engage with high level stakeholders and clearly communicate project value drivers, status, and risks
- Australian full working rights
- 3 year contract opportunity
- Based in Perth for the first 6 months, transitioning to a 14/14 site rotation.
- Work with a Global Lead Integrated Energy company
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel CommunityBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Yamila Cabral is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth