Commissioning Manager - Melbourne
Vacancy number • PUB406316
Work with a global leader on an exciting Battery Energy Storage System(BESS) project.
About this role
• Take charge of commissioning activities for the Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) facility, ensuring adherence to project plans, schedules, and budget.• Coordinate and supervise all on-site commissioning activities, including the contractual test of BESS OEM battery systems, leveraging electrical and instrument background knowledge.
• Collaborate closely with the project team, construction team, contractors, and subcontractors to ensure the successful execution of the project.• Review and interpret engineering drawings, plans, commissioning procedures, and specifications to provide guidance and oversight for on-site activities.
• Develop and implement commissioning strategies, methodologies, and quality control processes.• Monitor and ensure compliance with safety regulations, environmental requirements, and industry best practices.
• Identify and resolve commissioning-related challenges and issues in a timely and efficient manner.• Conduct regular inspections and quality control assessments to uphold high standards of workmanship.
• Effectively manage project resources, including materials, equipment, and personnel.• Prepare and maintain accurate documentation of commissioning activities, progress reports, and budgets.
• Collaborate with AusNet and other stakeholders involved in connecting to the Victorian Transmission Network.• Cultivate a positive work environment, promoting effective communication and collaboration among team members.
- A minimum of seven years of experience in engineering and commissioning within the power/traction sector
- Possession of an Electrical Engineering Qualification, white card, and a valid driver's license
- Capability to mentor and develop a team of highly skilled and experienced technical professionals essential for current and future market opportunities
- Track record of offering subject matter expertise across technical functions throughout all project phases (identification, capture, delivery, and closure).
Joining this project offers a multitude of benefits for prospective candidates.
Not only will you be offered a highly competitive pay rate, but you'll also be diving deep into the dynamic world of green energy, marking your involvement in an industry pivotal to our sustainable future.
This two-year endeavor isn't just a fleeting commitment; there's a promising opportunity for extension, allowing you to further cement your position and expand your horizons in other groundbreaking projects.
Furthermore, being a part of a global business opens doors to a vast network, exposure to international best practices, and the chance to collaborate with diverse teams worldwide.
It's more than just a job; it's an enriching experience in a sector that's shaping the world's future.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Engineering & Construction, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Mining, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Chris Minehan quoting publication number: PUB406316