About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Monday, 3 April 2023
About this role: Coating & Insulation Supervisor
Brunel is a global provider of flexible
workforce solutions and expertise, connecting specialists with clients across the globe. We deliver
innovative services like Recruitment (people, talent, and training), Logistics
(global mobility and travel), Technical Services (project support and setup)
and Consultancy to our clients both globally and locally.
Brunel is now present in 40+
countries with over 12,000+
offices worldwide, and close to €1
billion (Revenue 2021).
- Be fully aware of the company HSE requirements;
- Ensure that all activities and works in responsibility are done in full compliance with the HSE requirements of company and the relevant Authorities;
- Directs and provide close onsite supervision of all jobs being performed by the contractors in the assigned area within company facilities;
- Ensure implementation of the company Contract requirements in area of responsibility and report any deviation through the line responsible;
- Actively contribute to safety walks, reporting of accidents and investigation of accidents;
- Ensure that the works are being done in accordance with the Quality requirements;
- Supervise the site Protective coating & Insulation activities and assist the Workshop Engineer in the same;
- Assist the Workshop Engineer in reviewing and approving Work Method Statements;
- Follow up site Protective coating & Insulation maintenance activities to confirm compliance with Work Method Statements and Construction Drawings;
- Provides accurate maintenance history and closeout reports; maintains a log of all completed / ongoing work as per company requirements;
- Follow up Contractor and Subcontractors during execution to assure the quality and safety aspects of the work;
- Follow up Contractor and Subcontractors about interpretation and proper implementation of the technical content of the Contract documents;
- Supports other disciplines related to Protective coating & Insulation works;
- Attend site inspections and verify correctness of the same;
- Ability to understand technical & maintenance problems and develop a structured work pack, plan, and execution;
- Good knowledge in surface preparation, protective coating & Thermal insulation works, cladding fabrication, protective coating of marine structures including Jetties and maintenance works in process plant;
- Recognition of defects & anomalies which represent a serious threat to safety/integrity of assets and timely/appropriate communication, notification to Company engineers, line management as appropriate ;
- Identify, report, and follow up risks within own area of responsibility;
- Review, evaluation and interpretation of inspection findings, defects, and repairs.
- Advanced Diploma/ Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline from a recognized University;
- 5+ years direct and relevant experience related to Coating & Insulation discipline in oil/gas or petrochemical or fertiliser industry, with at least 3 years in a supervisor role.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Bea Cristina Pineda is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Bea Cristina Pineda
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha