Workshop Operations Manager
Vacancy number • PUB406663
Brunel is partnering with a global organisation who are searching for a highly skilled Machine Shop Operations Manager to join their team in QLD.
About this role
Oversee the operations of business activities within the facility and catchment area. Be responsible for Profit and Loss of the business.
- Manage and drive production activities to ensure revenue targets are met and exceeded, including continuous improvement activities.
- Lead, manage and develop employees.
- Complete month end and invoicing responsibilities.
- Comply with requirements of ISO9001 / ISO17025 and Licensors Quality Standards.
- Maintain high levels of equipment utilisation / uptime and drive ongoing improvements in equipment uptime, running cost and throughput.
- Establish, maintain and improve high levels of quality systems and WIP management.
- Establish and maintain excellent communication, contact and team work with customers, suppliers and staff.
- Complete onsite training to machine shop and inspection staff.
- Lead and develop all safety measures required in and for the facility.
- Controlling of stock and steel.
- Ensure critical accreditations are maintained and compliant.
- Be compliant to all QHSE and HR policies and procedures.
- At all times, comply with Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
- Previous experience in a supervisory or managerial position.
- Trade certification in Machining, or demonstrable understanding of the machining process.
- Previous experience working within the Oil and Gas drilling industry.
- Familiarity with manufacturing excellence, including modern techniques based on lean manufacturing, 5S, waste elimination and visual communication.
- Previous experience in production planning and scheduling.
- Knowledge of operation of machining techniques.
- Knowledge of CNC machine programming.
- Capability to read and understand engineering drawings.
- Understanding of differences between grades of steel and their machining characteristics.
- Toowoomba/Dalby QLD based role
- Mon- Fri
- Annual salary with additional benefits
Operating locally since 1997, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 45 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Engineering & Construction, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Mining, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Tim Stock quoting publication number: PUB406663