About this job
- Market: Infrastructure
- Branch: Public & Civil
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Fortitude Valley
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Monday, 25 September 2023
About this role: Civil Designer 12D
Are you passionate about shaping the world around us and creating innovative solutions that stand out? Do you have a flair for civil engineering design and a desire to work with a dynamic team? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our boutique engineering consultancy as a Civil Designer.
Our client is well-established boutique engineering consultancy that prides itself on delivering high-quality, tailored solutions to their clients. This consultancy consists of forward-thinking professionals who are driven by creativity and a commitment to excellence. With a focus on sustainability and cutting-edge technology, our client aims to leave a lasting positive impact on every project that it undertakes.
As a Civil Designer, you will play a pivotal role in our design team, contributing your expertise to a wide range of projects across various sectors. Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Projects across a range of infrastructure including Urban Development, Transportation, Land Development, Public Infrastructure and Water.
- Collaborating with engineers, architects, and other stakeholders to develop innovative solutions for projects.
- Conducting site visits and surveys to gather relevant data for design purposes.
- Assisting in the preparation of cost estimates and project proposals.
- Ensuring that all designs adhere to relevant codes, standards, and regulations.
- Participating in project meetings and providing technical expertise to the team.
- Reviewing and contributing to the continuous improvement of our design processes.
- Formal Qualifications in Civil Engineering or related field.
- At least 4 Years in civil engineering design, preferably within a consultancy environment.
- Proficiency in design software such as AutoCAD, 12D, and other relevant packages.
- Strong understanding of civil engineering principles, codes, and standards.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts effectively to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- A keen eye for detail and a passion for delivering high-quality work.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a proactive approach to design challenges.
- Competitive salary and performance-based incentives.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development through training and workshops.
- Working with a close-knit, supportive team that values creativity and innovation.
- Exposure to diverse and exciting projects across various sectors.
- Flexible working hours and a healthy work-life balance.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Sean Keough is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane