Chief Financial Officer
Vacancy number • PUB406450
We are working closely with a global power company who has assets on the ground in Australia and is looking to establish an office to further develop their renewable energy portfolio. The client is seeking an experience chief financial officer to establish the Australian business and align the companie's global policies, procedures and systems while maintaining compliance with the local laws and regulations. This is an exicting greenfield opportunity with the backing of a well-established player in the energy sector.
About this role
Your main duties and responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Oversee all aspects of accounting, including accounts payable, receivable, payroll, and fixed assets.
- Ensure accuracy in General Ledger accounts and prepare periodic reconciliations.
- Establish and maintain a robust compliance framework and upgrade key business controls.
- Prepare statutory financial statements and disclosures, ensuring timely filing for local compliance.
- Manage relationships with external auditors and coordinate responses to Internal Audit.
- Handle tax-related responsibilities, including calculations, compliance, and liaison with tax authorities.
- Manage treasury functions, ensuring compliance with group policies and optimal cash flow planning.
- Oversee corporate finance activities, including funding, debt market issuances, and relationship management.
- Lead project and structured financing activities, coordinating due diligence and negotiating financing terms.
- Manage long-term business planning, annual budgeting, and forecast updates.
- Analyze operating and financial performance against targets, supporting corrective actions.
- Support insurance management, including risk assessment, procurement, and claims management.
- University degree in Accounting, Finance, and/or Business Administration, with a professional qualification (CFA/CMA/CA/ACCA).
- Minimum of 12 years of financial management experience, including 5 years in a similar position.
- Familiarity with Australian corporate and tax laws, local GAAP, and IFRS.
- Experience with market-leading ERP systems and Financial Planning and Consolidation systems.
- Exposure to international companies, multicultural business environments, and knowledge of the power and utility business is preferred.
- Big4 experience in Audit, Tax, and Assurance is a plus.
- Strong analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills; ability to work independently and under pressure.
- High standards of professional conduct, ethics, and integrity, with a continuous improvement mindset and adaptability to changing environments.
Our client has power assets in 4 continents and is looking to significantly grow their renewables portfolio with 2030 energy targets in mind. This is an opportunity to build something in Australia and leave a legacy behind.
- Be a part of an established gloabel energy company.
- Build your dream team and make your mark on the energy industry in Aus
- Have the excitment of a start up with assets on the ground
- 20% STI on offer
Brunel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Engineering & Construction, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Mining, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Chris Minehan quoting publication number: PUB406450