Vacancy number • PUB406473
Brunel is seeking energetic, self-motivated individuals to fill two Buyer roles within our major petrochemical clients Service Center. These roles will support our operations in Alberta, Ontario, and Louisiana. The environment is fast paced and high volume. We are seeking candidates looking for growth opportunities and willing to take on new challenges in support of the client’s team.
About this role
- Manage daily transactional activities following the procurement operations process in accordance with the risk, spend and scope of work complexity.
- Execute high volume companywide purchase requisitions - verify purchase requisitions for accuracy, completion, required approvals, supplier qualification and contract compliance in order to create purchase orders within established guidelines/timelines and to ensure on-time delivery.
- Understand and apply requirements that meet company interests and protect through compliance and risk mitigation.
- Provide inputs to the Technical Procurement reports for distribution to our stakeholders.
- Record material source and information within the system to streamline future purchases.
- Receive and review order acknowledgements from suppliers.
- Interface with accounts payable with invoice issues related to purchase order discrepancies and capture of early payment discounts.
- Interface with receiving and stakeholders to resolve blocked good receipts.
- Perform follow-up with suppliers to resolve transactional issues on a daily basis.
- Interface with expediting to validate delivery dates, order accuracy, ship method, and payment terms.
- Maintain information on supplier performance indicators, such as on time delivery, quality and other Purchase Order (PO) requirements.
- Identify cost improvement opportunities for assessment and achieve improvements in operational efficiencies and cost savings.
- Escalate issues timely and appropriately to mitigate business risk.
- Effectively engage, consult and collaborate with other service groups including but not limited to Stores, Expediting, Logistics, Legal, Tax, and Risk, as required.
- Apply Technical Procurement best practices and participate in the standardization of business processes.
- A University degree, college diploma and/or Professional Designation, with a minimum of 1-3 years related experience and a progressive record of professional development OR a minimum of 5-7 years combination of post-secondary education and related experience with continued professional development.
- Pursuing a Professional Designation is an asset.
- An understanding of local/regional laws as may be applicable for both domestic and international purchase.
- Demonstrated ability to form effective relationships with key stakeholders under challenging deadlines and/or market conditions.
- Ability to persuade and educate stakeholders such that they gain a full appreciation for the various procurement risks and realistic service levels and associated cost.
- Strong organizational skills, time management and results oriented.
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of eProcurement and eCatalog management systems is an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint and PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in Source-to-pay/Procure to pay tools (e.g., SAP MM, Ariba).
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining, and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Engineering & Construction, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Mining, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Andy Borgatti quoting publication number: PUB406473