About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Saudi Arabia
What is required?
- hours per week: 48
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Wednesday, 12 April 2023
About this role: Biofouling Specialist
- This role’s primary responsibility is to perform advanced research in biofouling, fouling simulation and prediction, develop new technologies for biofilm detection and monitoring, and deploy anti-fouling technologies to control and mitigate biofouling in various oil industry systems;
- Carry out short and long-term original studies related to biofouling simulation, sensing, monitoring, control, and mitigation in various petroleum industry systems (injection water, produced water, utility water, heat exchanger, membrane, etc.);
- Develop, evaluate, and introduce new technologies (e.g., anti-biofouling) and competencies to meet the customers’ operational challenges;
- Practice conventional and molecular microbiology technologies to solve industrial microbiological problems in oilfield and industrial water systems;
- Utilize project management tools in setting project objectives, detailing experimental scope, managing the requested fund, and timely executing the projects towards sound technical solutions;
- Build effective teams to enhance the technical and professional skills of junior scientists and engineers;
- Contribute in the Center’s intellectual capital by submitting journal publications, patents, and technical reports.
- Master’s degree in microbiology, biology, bioscience disciplines, PhD preferred;
- Ten years of experience related to microbiology applications to the petroleum industry, including five years in biofouling research and industrial experience;
- Proven track record of research and technology development and deployment in the area of biofouling characterization, monitoring, prevention, mitigation, and prediction;
- Knowledge in fouling simulation, sensing and anti-biofouling technologies;
- Sound experience and hands-on skills in molecular and conventional microbiology including metagenomics, bioinformatics, biocide screening and evaluation;
- Ability to demonstrate scientific/technical authority and broad technical credibility, preferably including publications and/or patents.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Suresh Jogi is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy UAE Dubai