About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Tuesday, 28 March 2023
About this role: Biodiversity & Projects Specialist (HSEQ)
Brunel is a global provider of flexible
workforce solutions and expertise, connecting specialists with clients across the globe. We deliver
innovative services like Recruitment (people, talent, and training), Logistics
(global mobility and travel), Technical Services (project support and setup)
and Consultancy to our clients both globally and locally.
Brunel is now present in 40+
countries with over 12,000+
offices worldwide, and close to €1
billion (Revenue 2021).
- Identify any national and international legal and regulatory requirements related to Biodiversity. Including a review of the Consent to Operate (CTO) and Consent to Construct (CTC) requirements in relation to biodiversity. Support in securing the CTO and CTC(s) from MECC and its compliance assurance program across the company with;
- Advise Project Teams on the biodiversity requirements in project design and plan stage with early screening to support identifying mitigation measures and ensure subsequent impact assessment analysis is conducted;
- Participate in biodiversity impact identification and risk assessments for the operation or projects. Advise and support other function in implementing biodiversity mitigation measures and biodiversity monitoring program(s)Provide Radiation Protection advise and act as Company Radiation Protection Officer, review of Contractors radiation procedures. Prepare and update radiation and NORM procedures;
- Engage cross functionally with internal and external stakeholders in developing Biodiversity Policy, Standards, Guidelines and Objectives;
- Develop biodiversity metrics from Global Reporting Initiative or other international and national reference. As it pertains to sustainability reporting as part of corporate environmental, social, and governance (ESG) program;
- Biodiversity data collection, validation, consolidation, and reporting to various internal and external stake holders including Ministry Environment and Climate Change (MECC);
- Implement the defined Biodiversity Action Plan (BAP) program, strategic goal, and target;
- Establish contract for biodiversity monitoring and survey project and manage the project implementation with Contractor;
- Prepare budget required to implement BAP and budget monitoring;
- Communicate and liaise with international and national stakeholders: MECC, academics, wildlife experts and e-NGO for biodiversity engagement and partnership;
- Liaise and engage with MECC for biodiversity projects and system implementation, e.g., Whale Shark Project, etc. to review technical scope of work; find and manage external partners / stakeholders;
- Develop Habitat and Species Sensitivity Map in coordination with GIS counterpart;
- Raise awareness and prepare training of Biodiversity, Wildlife of the Al Shaheen Campaign to company departments and offshore teams and sites;
- Support in preparation of scope of works for the contracted service and technical evaluation of service providers for environmental department;
- Develop/update CMS documents and procedures as necessary with respect to biodiversity and projects;
- Support in implementation of ISO 14001:2015 EMS, internal audits and Synergy documentation;
- Emergency Response Support for Oil Spill Incidents.
- Master’s/Bachelor’s degree in environmental science or marine ecologist / biologist or in related discipline;
- Minimum 15 years professional experience in biodiversity system and project development in an operational setting (preferably oil and gas or other similar industry);
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of international and national legislation and regulatory related with biodiversity system, including but not limited to Qatar Regulation, IPIECA, etc;
- High level expertise in the field of biodiversity conservation related to marine species, including knowledge of and experience in biodiversity conservation legislation and policy, including for preparation of reports, submissions and correspondence to Ministerial level that relate to biodiversity conservation and management;
- Well-developed ability to source and synthesize complex scientific information for use in biodiversity system development;
- Verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate and negotiate with others, resolve conflicts, and develop practical and innovative solutions to complex problems;
- Experience and expertise in supervision, guidance and mentoring of other staff in a team environment or ability to work effectively in a team environment to achieve common goals;
- Good understanding of ISO 14001 EMS, preferably with experience of system auditing and implementation;
- Proven ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, May Ann Panganiban Masaga is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
May Ann Panganiban Masaga
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha