About this job
- Market: Life Sciences & Health Care
- Branch: Pharmaceutical
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Ontario
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Sunday, 2 October 2022
About this role: Benefits Advisor (Hybrid)
We are currently hiring a Benefits Advisor for our client, a global pharmaceutical company and one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. The company is known for its global contribution in areas including pharmaceuticals and consumer healthcare products. Our client offers the broadest range of vaccines in the world, providing protection against a wide array of bacterial and viral diseases.
The Benefits Advisor is responsible for the application and administration of group benefits (including group insurance, pension & savings, leaves of absence & Disability, and Total Wellbeing). Functions as the primary contact for all benefits vendors and partners in issues related to plan administration, process implementation and improvement. Maintains and processes a variety of confidential information.
- Manage the total wellbeing portal functionality, content, and reporting
- Responsible for the administration of the leaves of absence programs and policies
- Act as back-up and specialist for group insurance programs, including all activities related to enrolment or reenrollment, benefit changes, policy updates and billing
- Provide support for pension processes where required
- Liaise with carriers, providers and consultants in monitoring services and billing
- Act as escalation point for employee questions and issues that cannot be resolved by benefits vendors or partners. Also provide support to HR organization in the areas of wellbeing, benefits and leave of absence
- Identify and implement process improvement opportunities
- Manage projects and initiatives related to wellbeing and absence, working in close partnership with other HR COE and departments
- Contribute to the development and improvement of processes, methodologies and tools related to the management of wellbeing, benefits, and leaves of absence plans.
- Ensure collaboration with external consultants and insurers
- Support governance activities related to group insurance plans
- University degree – ideally in Human Resources
- 3+ years’ progressive experience in benefit administration and disability management
- Experience with Pension administration is an asset
- Experience with vendor management
- Experience with Workday or other HRIS is an asset
- Team and business focused attitude with a service mindset
- Ability to work in a matrix environment
- Technical and analytical skills
- Integrity and trust
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Intermediate knowledge of other applications
- Fluency in French is preferred
- Fluency in English required
- Willing to travel occasionally
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Angelina Brathwaite is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto