About this job
- Market: Industry
- Branch: (Petro)Chemical
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Joffre
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Saturday, 22 July 2023
About this role: Administrator
Brunel is seeking an Administrator for our major petrochemical client who will report to the team leader and support administrative duties and tasks for the site in Central Alberta, near Red Deer.
- Monitor and manage the Central Office calendar, contacts, and appointments as well as coordinate with other admin assistants to resolve meeting conflicts and ensure availability of required participants
- Make scheduling/logistical decisions based on the needs of the Central Office
- Research and coordinate complex travel/logistical arrangements including international travel
- Handle routine and non-routine issues. Initiate appropriate action in the case of sensitive/urgent issues and at times participate in their resolution
- Create and format correspondence to meet business needs, including some preparation of materials for meetings, including executive-level meetings
- Gather, coordinate and issue information needed by leader and/or meeting participants and at times provide routine meeting facilitation
- Prepare and file expense reports for leader
- Provide information, guidance, and job tools to assist in utilizing existing systems, processes, and programs
- Participate in planning and execution of ad hoc administrative assignments and projects
- Provide input for system improvements or development
- Access, maintain, and operate systems to support departmental processes (e.g., SAP, Web, LAN, manuals, software packages); serve as a resource to others for problem solving/training/coaching in their operation
- Create/manage required paper/electronic filing systems for the leader and the team
- Order, receive, and maintain office and applicable operating supplies using established procurement processes
- Minimum Grade 12 education plus 2+ years combination of applicable post-secondary education and related relevant experience
- SharePoint experience is required.
- Advanced computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, One Drive and Teams
- SAP experience would be an asset.
- Organization and time management to effectively manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Detail oriented with a low tolerance for errors.
- Effective communication skills (written & verbal)
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with others in a team environment.
- High level of customer service with the ability to professionally manage requests from internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to provide information and guidance to assist others in utilizing existing systems, processes and programs.
- Experience with file management electronic/hard copy
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Andy Borgatti is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto