About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Mining
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Québec
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Monday, 10 April 2023
About this role: Account Manager - Mining
Our client is a global leader in the commercial explosives industry. They provide innovative blasting solutions and quality explosives products globally.
This is a permanent, full-time opportunity.
The successful candidate will provide support to the operations and manage customer accounts with leadership, to existing and upcoming clients located in the mining sector of the Val-d’Or/Abitibi Temiscamingue region.
This position is responsible for delivering sustainable revenue by working closely with the operation and managing customer interactions with professionalism. A critical aspect of this position will be to establish relationships with actual customers and potential customers and identify opportunities as well as risks ensuring that the client is well-positioned for growing its business in the mining and construction sector.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships with key decision-makers.
- Develop a point of contact for customers, and coordinate the clients' resources to support customers.
- Contract management: prepare proposals, and price lists, and monitor profitability.
- Taken ownership of client support.
- Participate in the P&L analysis for customers.
- Identify and develop sales opportunities.
- Manage product forecasting for accounts in the region.
- Participate in team selling activities.
- Demonstrate the clients' products and services at potential customer sites.
- Knowledge of regional industry and operations to identify new system applications/ opportunities to deliver customer value-added products and services. Identify gaps, potential threats, or opportunities for the client's newest technology.
- From a communications standpoint, provide feedback to local management and other stakeholders as necessary.
- Work with local and regional management to establish customer strategies.
- Participate in developing market plans to increase the client's market share.
- Support the customer base through regular visits and follow-ups.
- Engineering degrees: either in mining, civil or geological, are preferred.
- 8-10 years of experience in related industries, including sales and client support.
- Knowledge of mining, drilling & blasting processes is required. Knowledge of explosives products will be considered an asset.
- College or technical degree combined with relevant experience will also be considered.
- Bilingualism in both French and English is required (written & spoken).
- Ability to work in a team environment, all while being autonomous and self-sufficient.
- Strong track record of building positive relationships with co-workers, team members as well as clients and stakeholders.
- Ability to travel up to 20 to 30% in the region to cover assigned accounts.
- A good working knowledge of commonly used business IT technologies.
- Positive attitude, friendly demeanor, and a team player
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a full-time job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with onboarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel CommunityAbout UsBrunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Alyssa McLaren is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary