About this job
- Market: Services
- Industry: IT & Telecom
- Area of Expertise: Network, Systems, Telephony & Hardware
- Location: Utrecht
What is required?
- hours per week: 36
- Education level: Academic Master
- Closing date: Sunday, 12 February 2023
About this role: Solution Architect
As a Solution Architect, you have an opportunity to design the technology that provides the digital experience of millions of customers through our channels and provide a developer platform for over 1200 developers within the organization.
Within Tribe Digital Platform, our squads work on a digital platform that provides the frameworks and tools for over 120 teams that build our modern digital experience, while ensuring the highest standards for quality, performance and security. As part of the Foundation team, you are responsible for the framework, standards and developer platform, together with other architects and around 70 developers.
You will coach, guide and support several squads. In this role you work closely together with our product owners, engineering squads and other architects. You ensure a vision about the current and future solutions we provide. You leverage your engineering experience, understanding of the business drivers and knowledge of current and emerging technology and its practical application.
Solution Architect Foundation: Design & Community
Are you our architect that is able to unify our design and is able to build a community?
You will be the solution architect that increases the unified application of our atomic design and brings 1200+ developers together in a community. You will focus on the usage of the design components and extending the developer portal. Furthermore, you will pick up other architectural actions to increase the usage of the Rabobank Online Platform products and services.
Specific responsibilities and skills:
- Determine how to improve the application of the atomic design through data driven
- Be in close contact with the design and developer community and translate their needs to
improvements on the developer portal and atomic design components;
- Substantive knowledge when it comes to Storybook, Chromatic, Kotlin, Java and
- Experience with design processes and atomic design;
- A real community builder.
- Incorporate the latest architecture concepts into projects and initiatives;
- Set and roadmap solution direction across the different squads;
- Create and socialize end-to-end designs and solution architecture with squads,
architecture colleagues, product owners and other business and IT representatives;
- Mentor and coach the squads to implement the architecture and support the squads with
challenges during all steps of the DevOps cycle.
You and your talent
Within Digital Platform we value integrity, an engineering focus, an ‘improvement and embracing change’ mind-set and openness. In addition, it is important that you are a team player, have leadership skills and recognise yourself in the points mentioned below:
- Minimum 7 years working experience in relevant roles (in IT DevOps) of which a minimum
of 3 years of Solution Architecture experience in a complex environment;
- Practical experience with architecture methods and techniques;
- Experience with Azure DevOps practices, Git and Azure DevOps pipelines
• You have a helicopter view: overseeing a wide domain and any consequences certain
(design) decisions have;
- You can remember or research previous decisions and experiences that lead us to where
we are now.
On the other hand,
- You are not afraid to ‘get your hands dirty’ and become involved in complex analysis and implementation questions;
- Good communication skills to collaborate with business users, colleague architects, and
- Ability to communicate technical solutions in business terms, and can influence and
persuade others with an open mindset.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
We are here to help achieving your ambitions.
Do you also dream of becoming the best in your profession? Or do you aspire that one dream job? Let us support you! Our Be Smart online learning environment offers all you need. Trainings, study materials and best practices, aimed to improve both your hard and soft skills.
Part of our program is to let you learn and share experiences with colleagues; a network of fellow specialists who participate in training sessions, events, webinars and socials. The ideal platform to spar about your ideas and get to know each other.
Along with our network come many experiences to support your personal, customized career path. Brunel colleagues are assigned in over 500 companies in various branches, that enable you to explore your potential and realize your ambitions.