About this job
- Market: Industry
- Industry: Automotive
- Area of Expertise: Embedded Software
- Location: Eindhoven
What is required?
- hours per week: 37.5
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Friday, 19 January 2024
About this role: Software Project Manager (Automotive)
Brunel is hiring an Software Project Manager (Automotive). Do you want to be part of an experienced international team that is located in DAF's modern new office in Eindhoven, the Netherlands?
Then, here is your chance!
You will support the project team in coordinating the Embedded Engineering activities within the project team realizing the project targets for the Embedded areas hardware and software enabling DAF Trucks to expand their excellent position in the market by making trucks safer to drive, easier to operate in the best possible way to the truck driver. For Embedded Engineering, part of DAF Product Development, we are searching for an Software Project Manager - Electric Truck.
- Creating and monitoring project plans for software and hardware development from master project plans.
- Coordinating EE project activities with our stakeholders to realize project deliverables.
- Presenting and reporting project status for Quality, Cost, Timing and Performance (QCTP).
- Monitoring of realization of functions defined in the Project Description book.
- Creating budget forecasts and monitoring of budget.
- Monitoring of technical in line with strategies defined by line management.
- Initiating and defining risk analysis and validation plans.
- Organize project status stand-ups with EE project teams members.
- Distributing know-how between specialists and engineering team members.
The Software Project Manager reports to the Engineer Manager EE Platform Development with respect to process, quality and to the corresponding Project Manager for project status.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Technical education on college/university level with at least 4 year experience in leading projects (preferably in the automotive domain).
- Experience with coordination of multiple engineers in different domains.
- Experience with creating and monitoring of project plans (preferably in MS Project).
- Team player, pro-active, strong analytical skills, problem solving attitude.
- Experience with monitoring, reporting and presenting project status to management.
- Experience with hardware and software development within the embedded systems domain (automotive is an asset).
- Experience with creating of requirement specifications for software and hardware components.
- Experience with change management and defect management processes.
- Experience with initiating and defining risk analysis and validation plans Knowledge of requirement management.
- Knowledge of design for Six Sigma methodology.
- Knowledge of embedded software design processes (according the V-cycle).
- Knowledge of hardware design processes for Embedded components.
- Knowledge of model-based design techniques is preferred.
- Knowledge of Matlab/Simulink is preferred.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Good English skills are mandatory combined with Dutch (or at least willingness to learn Dutch).
Brunel offers outstanding individuals a highly diverse and challenging job opportunity in a company where an open, professional and pleasant working culture is greatly valued; where your personal initiatives will be noticed and rewarded; and where you will receive all the support, coaching and training you need for your future career.
This is your opportunity to discover a wide range of sectors and activities and develop your expertise in a fast-moving and results-oriented environment. Being intermediated by Brunel means that you are contracted by Brunel. Not only you will have a contract, you will as well be assured of a great career! Our primary and secondary terms of work are excellent.
A few examples are price reductions at Health Insurance, bonus opportunities and standard 26 days off. Brunel Engineering intermediates both junior and senior engineers within the industry for over 30 years now. Our clients vary from multinationals to local companies.
Together we will find the job which meets your wishes.
For this position we can offer 4000€ - 5500€ gross/monthly.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Our client DAF Trucks N.V. in Eindhoven is part of the PACCAR Inc. which is one of the biggest global players in the heavy duty truck industry. The known truck brands of PACCAR are Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. Within PACCAR Inc. DAF engine development is the center of competence for engine development.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
We are here to help achieving your ambitions.
Do you also dream of becoming the best in your profession? Or do you aspire that one dream job? Let us support you! Our Be Smart online learning environment offers all you need. Trainings, study materials and best practices, aimed to improve both your hard and soft skills.
Part of our program is to let you learn and share experiences with colleagues; a network of fellow specialists who participate in training sessions, events, webinars and socials. The ideal platform to spar about your ideas and get to know each other.
Along with our network come many experiences to support your personal, customized career path. Brunel colleagues are assigned in over 500 companies in various branches, that enable you to explore your potential and realize your ambitions.