About this job
- Market: Industry
- Industry: High Tech
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Gelderland
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Master +
- Closing date: Monday, 25 March 2024
About this role: Senior RF Power Application Engineer
The RF power application engineer key responsibility consist of meeting customers technical requirements using the portfolio of devices, demonstrate optimum and competitive performances to enable Design-in. The engineer will be involved in product definition, develop demonstrators, optimization in customer application and support ramp up in mass production.
- Using CAD tools and Load-pull measurement, develop demo-boards (High Power GaN Doherty, Driver, Small Signal GaAs LNA/ Gain Block, Driver) to evaluate new design.
- Optimize demo-boards performances (RF matching, fine tuning) to meet customers specifications and initiate design-in opportunities at key OEMs.
Collaborate across multiple engineering disciplines, including product, test, design, and marketing to support/ answer customers’ needs.
- Interact with customers to understand their current and future needs for radio architecture and be able to translate that into requirements for new products
- Work closely with product marketing to define future new RF products.
- Write technical documentation including application notes, white paper, etc.
- As a senior engineer, you will actively participate to the growth of the team, either as a team leader or a coach to junior engineers.
- Some travel will be necessary.
- A university degree (MSc or PhD) in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with strong academic foundation on radio frequency principles.
- 5+ years’ experience in RF design or applications, experience with high efficiency Doherty power amplifiers, broadband / multiband amplifier, and digital pre-distortion (DPD).
- Have a thorough understanding of a radio signal chain (Tx and Rx) and exposure to different radio architectures.
- Understanding of mobile communication standards (LTE, NR etc.), global spectrum regulations (3GPP, FCC etc.) and their specifications for radio performance.
- Expert in RF laboratory equipment and measurement techniques including power amplifier circuit assembly and tuning.
- RF board level design and experience.
- Familiar with simulation tools such as Keysight ADS suite, 3D EM Simulation HFSS, AutoCAD (or equivalent).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact with people at all levels including escalations and involvement of all group at stake.
- Self-directed with strong desire to be part of a winning team by being flexible and may be required working extra hours at some circumstances.
- Proficient in English language
Brunel offers outstanding individuals a highly diverse and challenging job opportunity in a company where an open, professional and pleasant working culture is greatly valued; where your personal initiatives will be noticed and rewarded; and where you will receive all the support, coaching and training you need for your future career. This is your opportunity to discover a wide range of sectors and activities and develop your expertise in a fast-moving and results-oriented environment.
Being intermediated by Brunel means that you are contracted by Brunel. Not only you will have a contract, you will as well be assured of a great career! Our primary and secondary terms of work are excellent. A few examples are price reductions at CZ Health Insurance, bonus opportunities and standard 26 days off. Brunel Engineering intermediates both junior and senior engineers within the industry for over 30 years now. Our clients vary from multinationals to local companies.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
We are here to help achieving your ambitions.
Do you also dream of becoming the best in your profession? Or do you aspire that one dream job? Let us support you! Our Be Smart online learning environment offers all you need. Trainings, study materials and best practices, aimed to improve both your hard and soft skills.
Part of our program is to let you learn and share experiences with colleagues; a network of fellow specialists who participate in training sessions, events, webinars and socials. The ideal platform to spar about your ideas and get to know each other.
Along with our network come many experiences to support your personal, customized career path. Brunel colleagues are assigned in over 500 companies in various branches, that enable you to explore your potential and realize your ambitions.