About this job
- Market: Industry
- Industry: High Tech
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Gelderland
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Master
- Closing date: Sunday, 10 December 2023
About this role: Senior Optical Design Engineer
Our client is a first-line contract manufacturer that develops, manufactures and assembles complex (opto)mechatronic systems and modules. In its specialised facility, they focus on the design and assembly of customer-specific optomechanics in the areas of lighting solutions, imaging solutions, sensor solutions, laser beam delivery and integrated nanostructure metrology solutions. They create customer-specific solutions with high complexity and operate in the semiconductor, analytical equipment, healthcare and industrial markets.
Our client is a vertically integrated company where development and assembly are closely intertwined. The Development & Engineering department employs highly qualified Optical, Software, Electronics and Mechanical Engineers (master or PhD level) who work closely with their assembly team full of qualified optical assembly engineers. Their cultural values are flexibility, motivation, focus and collaboration.
To manage growth, they are looking for a Senior Optical Design Engineer for their Development & Engineering department in Nijmegen. You will report directly to the group leader. Working closely with the project manager and system architect, you will carry out projects varying in size and complexity.
- Develop and design high-tech optical modules and systems, intended for various markets and applications.
- Translating customers' multidisciplinary requirements into realisable concepts.
- The feasibility of these concepts must be shown at an early stage of the project in one of our optical laboratories.
- The final validation of the prototypes is also part of your job.
- Besides designing Optics (e.g. with ray-tracing/Zemax), you will sometimes be involved in image and signal processing, if required.
- Ensuring that you keep abreast of the latest developments in your area of expertise.
- Liaise with customers, partners and suppliers to ensure that you have a good understanding of the challenges our customers face and the solutions we offer in cooperation with our partners and suppliers (in collaboration with the system architect).
- Keeping abreast of the latest developments in your area of expertise.
- Because you are part of a small, multidisciplinary team, there is plenty of room for your ideas and views. You not only develop your projects, but also yourself.
- Travel can be part of this position. The project starts with developing a system for customers. Installation, commissioning and possible support may also be required.
- Master's or PhD degree in Engineering (physics or similar).
- At least 8 years' experience in optical design and simulations (e.g. Zemax or similar), preferably for OEM customers in the high-tech systems market.
- A background in mechatronics, (opto)mechanics or mechanical engineering is an advantage.
- Conceptual thinker with an eye for detail, creative and structured.
- You can communicate with customers at a high analytical level.
- Well-developed communication and social skills combined with a pragmatic attitude.
Brunel offers outstanding individuals a highly diverse and challenging job opportunity in a company where an open, professional and pleasant working culture is greatly valued; where your personal initiatives will be noticed and rewarded; and where you will receive all the support, coaching and training you need for your future career. This is your opportunity to discover a wide range of sectors and activities and develop your expertise in a fast-moving and results-oriented environment.
Being intermediated by Brunel means that you are contracted by Brunel. Not only you will have a contract, you will as well be assured of a great career! Our primary and secondary terms of work are excellent. A few examples are price reductions at CZ Health Insurance, bonus opportunities and standard 26 days off. Brunel Engineering intermediates both junior and senior engineers within the industry for over 30 years now. Our clients vary from multinationals to local companies.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
We are here to help achieving your ambitions.
Do you also dream of becoming the best in your profession? Or do you aspire that one dream job? Let us support you! Our Be Smart online learning environment offers all you need. Trainings, study materials and best practices, aimed to improve both your hard and soft skills.
Part of our program is to let you learn and share experiences with colleagues; a network of fellow specialists who participate in training sessions, events, webinars and socials. The ideal platform to spar about your ideas and get to know each other.
Along with our network come many experiences to support your personal, customized career path. Brunel colleagues are assigned in over 500 companies in various branches, that enable you to explore your potential and realize your ambitions.