About this job
- Market: Services
- Industry: IT & Telecom
- Area of Expertise: Network, Systems, Telephony & Hardware
- Location: Utrecht
What is required?
- hours per week: 36
- Education level: Other
- Closing date: Sunday, 5 March 2023
About this role: Senior Linux RedHat Engineer
Imagine, being an essential part of one of the biggest corporate infrastructures of the Netherlands. The IT infrastructure is organized regionally with the main regional centres located in Utrecht, London, Sydney, Singapore, and New York. Although IT Infrastructure has a global focus, it uses regional organizations to service the business locally.
The Platform Services Linux team is approximately 40 personnel, consisting of a mix of enthusiastic (Senior) Engineers, (Senior) Delivery Analysts and Young Professionals, including Product Owners and Scrum Masters. The team is set up within IT infrastructure in order to realize a faster Time to Market without errors. You will be working in a multi-disciplinary team to support a robust, always on and Agile infrastructure for applications that require Linux/Unix as a platform.
In order to achieve this, we expect that you:
- Have focus on continuity and security is in your veins;
- Have affinity with automating services to improve agility and continuity;
- Have a keen awareness of Agile, Lean and ITIL techniques;
- Be accurate, result driven, pro-active and a true team player with good problem solving and analytical skills;
- Read around your subject and bring new ideas, techniques and well-constructed proposals to the team;
- Be eager to learn new techniques and embrace an evolving IT landscape and see the bigger picture;
- Be capable of managing your time and hitting deadlines;
- Be able to multitask, prioritise and work independently within defined boundaries;
- Proficient in spoken and written English;
- Experience in supporting Red Hat Linux Systems in a large sized Linux environment.
- Multiple years’ experience in a large sized (5000+) complex infrastructure environment;
- Automate your way out of everything;
- Understanding of the Red Hat Linux Operating System (certified on level RHCE or LPI-2);
- Experience with automation tooling preferably Ansible Tower/AAP;
- Security and Compliance on Linux/Unix-platform;
- Experience with Security tooling preferably CyberArk;
- Provisioning tools, Satellite and Spacewalk;
- Knowledge and experience with Scrum / Agile working;
- You are resourceful, flexible, analytically strong and when needed critical;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
- High proficiency in speaking, reading and writing English;
- Experience in one of the scripting languages like bash, python, ruby, Perl;
- Configuration Management desired state of mind;
- Authorization tooling (Cyberark, RHDS, Centrify);
- IT Operations. Understanding IT operations activities and tasks. Familiar with ITIL and ICP (Incident, Change, Problem).
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
We are here to help achieving your ambitions.
Do you also dream of becoming the best in your profession? Or do you aspire that one dream job? Let us support you! Our Be Smart online learning environment offers all you need. Trainings, study materials and best practices, aimed to improve both your hard and soft skills.
Part of our program is to let you learn and share experiences with colleagues; a network of fellow specialists who participate in training sessions, events, webinars and socials. The ideal platform to spar about your ideas and get to know each other.
Along with our network come many experiences to support your personal, customized career path. Brunel colleagues are assigned in over 500 companies in various branches, that enable you to explore your potential and realize your ambitions.