About this job
- Market: Services
- Industry: IT & Telecom
- Area of Expertise: Software Development & Application Management
- Location: Netherlands
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Thursday, 9 February 2023
About this role: Python developer, Senior - 80% Remote
For our client at KPN we have several 80% remote position open the upcoming months.Due the enormous team size and several teams, there is always demand for extra hands.
Check the requirements which role/team could fit you.
What you are going to do?
In our team we are developing conversational experiences through web/app and our voice channel based on conversational technology within the KPN ecosystem. Our digital assistant provides an intuitive natural language based experience to our customers in the consumer and business domain. We are constantly innovating new use cases and services. This technology impacts millions of KPN’s customers and users.
Currently we are responsible for 3 different key components;
- The conversational engine. A Python (Asyncio) backend that handles the connection with the chatbot platform we use and routing live chats.
- A React/Redux based front end chat-ui which communicates with the conversational engine which lives on our website (kpn.com) and the mijnkpn apps.
- A FastAPI based BFF that provides endpoints for the bot platform to enrich the conversation with customer, product information and integration for specific use cases.
Besides these tracks, we also assist our sister teams with generating technical components within the bot platform that they can use within their conversational content.
Current focus is on adding integrations with KPN systems to improve the digital self-service capabilities of the digital assistant, strengthening the pivotal bridge function to our customer service department with new channels and making the digital assistant voice enabled.
You will play a leading role in shaping the direction of our technical development, you are encouraged to make architectural decisions and can convince others of your views. We work in a passionate team of multiple disciplines and focus on continuously optimizing quality and speed through automation.
- Experienced 100% Python developer, minimum 4 yearsNot in combination with other work, for example as a consultant/data engineer/ java developer
- Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes experience
- Good communication skills in English, curiosity is required
- Living in a European country
- Selection process is 50% based on soft skills!
Technologies the team use
- AWS, Terraform, streaming with Kafka
- Experience with asyncio, fastapi
- Django rest Framework (DRF) and Postgres
- Cloud Native Architecture (AWS, Kubernetes, Docker)
- Front end: Vue Nuxt 2, Vuex
- DevOps: CloudFormation, Grafana for proactive monitoring, CI/CD (Jenkins, Helm, BitBucket)
- Celery- AirFlow
Selection process for Front-end/Full-stack Python developers
- Sentry, Grafana;
- Testing with Browserstack;
- Possibility to work 80% remote;
- Relocation package if this is needed when you want to relocate from an other European country;
- 36-40 hours per week;
- For the salary range you can find it here https://www-glassdoor-nl.translate.goog/Salarissen/python-developer-salarissen-SRCH_KO0,16.htm?clickSource=searchBtn&_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=nl&_x_tr_hl=nl&_x_tr_pto=wapp
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
KPN is the largest Telecommunications & IT-services company in The Netherlands. Currently, KPN is going through a digital transformation to become the best service provider in the Netherlands. KPN is a tech company. We work with the latest technologies to bring the best digital experiences to our users. Innovations and operations are quick and short cycled (through Agile / Scrum / DevOps).
So, do you know a lot about digital, omnichannel, web, app or even conversational? Are you innovative, creative, practical and open-minded? Experienced with Agile and Scrum or eager to learn? Do you want to be part of a rapidly changing innovative digital environment?
Be part of the change, make a difference and join KPN TDO in Amsterdam! We have a very cool office with the possibility to relax and play in our game room between the important and challenging work that you're doing here. Besides the inspiring environment, we are known for our legendary parties, Hackathons and sports events.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
We are here to help achieving your ambitions.
Do you also dream of becoming the best in your profession? Or do you aspire that one dream job? Let us support you! Our Be Smart online learning environment offers all you need. Trainings, study materials and best practices, aimed to improve both your hard and soft skills.
Part of our program is to let you learn and share experiences with colleagues; a network of fellow specialists who participate in training sessions, events, webinars and socials. The ideal platform to spar about your ideas and get to know each other.
Along with our network come many experiences to support your personal, customized career path. Brunel colleagues are assigned in over 500 companies in various branches, that enable you to explore your potential and realize your ambitions.