About this job
- Market: Industry
- Industry: Automotive
- Area of Expertise: Embedded Software
- Location: Eindhoven
What is required?
- hours per week: 37.5
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Friday, 5 January 2024
About this role: Property Owner Cyber Security - Embedded Systems
Brunel is hiring a Cyber Security Engineer for one of our Automotive clients. Do you have around 5 years of relevant Vehicle and Cyber Security experience?
As Property Owner CyberSecurity you are the senior subject matter expert within Embedded Engineering and with a team of CyberSecurity Engineers are responsible for the definition, implementation and supporting the validation of the CyberSecurity concept on vehicle related Control Systems.
You will be responsible for:
- Performing the Preliminary CyberSecurity Analysis;
- Definition of the CyberSecurity Plan;
- Creating the vehicle level Threat and Risk Analysis (TaRA);
- Definition of the CyberSecurity concept and resulting countermeasures, considering the control system capabilities, Functional Safety and Diagnostics concept;
- Alignment of the CyberSecurity concept and the implementation with other stakeholders in the organization, e.g. Manufacturing, aftersales and IT;
- Maintaining the Corporate Design Specification “Vehicle Cyber Security” as well as CyberSecurity methods, templates, and corresponding parts of the process descriptions;
- Alignment with other Cyber Security subject matter experts within PACCAR;
- Day-to-day coordination of the Embedded CyberSecurity team;
- Coordinating relevant outsourcing activities.
You will review and approve:
- Stakeholder requirement documents;
- Proposals from Suppliers;
- Verification Reports.
You will support:
- Impact Analysis of Change Requests;
- Root cause analyses of issues related to CyberSecurity;
- Simultaneous Engineering teams under the lead of a System Owner to support a successful integration in production
- Providing Cyber Security training for PACCAR Product Development;
- Maintaining Cyber Security process descriptions and tools;
Cyber Security Engineer activities, including:
- Definition of CyberSecurity requirements for new/updated ECU’s;
- Discuss implementation proposals with suppliers;
- Definition of the crypto service functionality within the IT
- Infrastructure; Functional validation of the Cybersecurity concept.
In this position you will report regular status updates to the Engineering Manager of the Embedded Architecture team.
- Technical education on master level with a specialisation in CyberSecurity, mechanical-, electrical- or automotive engineering.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in automotive and CyberSecurity;
- Knowledge of embedded software and hardware;
- Knowledge of automotive standards like ISO 21434, ISO 14229 and Autosar.
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially listening and convincing;
- Analytical skills;
- You are able to explain complex technical information clearly and to the point;
- Ability to collaborate across different groups having varying levels of expertise and skill;
- Fluent in English language - effective communication in both verbal and written form. Willing to learn Dutch language.
Brunel offers outstanding individuals a highly diverse and challenging job opportunity in a company where an open, professional and pleasant working culture is greatly valued; where your personal initiatives will be noticed and rewarded; and where you will receive all the support, coaching and training you need for your future career. This is your opportunity to discover a wide range of sectors and activities and develop your expertise in a fast-moving and results-oriented environment.
Being intermediated by Brunel means that you are contracted by Brunel. Not only you will have a contract, you will as well be assured of a great career! Our primary and secondary terms of work are excellent. A few examples are price reductions at Health Insurance, bonus opportunities and standard 26 days off. Brunel Engineering intermediates both junior and senior engineers within the industry for over 30 years now. Our clients vary from multinationals to local companies. Together we will find the job which meets your wishes.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel CommunityDAF Trucks N.V. in Eindhoven is part of the PACCAR Inc. which is one of the biggest global players in the heavy duty truck industry. The known truck brands of PACCAR are Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. Their engines and trucks are best in class products in the transportation world; always being driven by their design philosophy “environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for their customers”. As a global operating company they offer optimal opportunities to contribute to their success in a multicultural team.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
We are here to help achieving your ambitions.
Do you also dream of becoming the best in your profession? Or do you aspire that one dream job? Let us support you! Our Be Smart online learning environment offers all you need. Trainings, study materials and best practices, aimed to improve both your hard and soft skills.
Part of our program is to let you learn and share experiences with colleagues; a network of fellow specialists who participate in training sessions, events, webinars and socials. The ideal platform to spar about your ideas and get to know each other.
Along with our network come many experiences to support your personal, customized career path. Brunel colleagues are assigned in over 500 companies in various branches, that enable you to explore your potential and realize your ambitions.