About this job
- Market: Industry
- Industry: Electronics
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Gelderland
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Master
- Closing date: Sunday, 26 February 2023
About this role: Project Leader
Our client is a fast-growing, high-tech company that is a leading player in the global compact spectrometer industry. We operate in various industries, ranging from (bio)medical and agriculture to semiconductor and consumer electronics. Our instruments are found in world-class research laboratories, embedded in devices that save lives or play a crucial part in a production facility to increase efficiency and quality control.
Their headquarters and production facility are located in the Netherlands. Together with offices in China and the US, and an extensive distributor network, we serve our customers all around the world.
As Project leader you drive the development of new fiber-optic spectroscopy instruments. You guide your project team through the different stages of the product development cycle: from the feasibility phase, until finally a volume-ready product is realized.
You have to keep the stakeholders on board with the aim of completing and delivering the projects according to plan. You will identify risks and ensure that projects are completed on time and on budget.
In the role of Project leader, you are not afraid to make crucial decisions. It is important for your role to make decisions on your own and that consultation is not always possible at first.
To think beyond your own possibilities, you have to be creative finding new sources etc. You are technically driven and have sufficient management qualities to bring solutions.
You manage the many interfaces the project has with other disciplines such as procurement, sourcing, logistics, supply chain, manufacturing and customer support.
What you will be doing:
- Lead and coordinate part of our portfolio of new product development and research projects;
- Plan and control: define and maintain a project plan to meet the agreed set of deliverables;
- Setup a clear and sustainable project management process;
- Execute progress tracking and meet milestones at given timing and budget constraints;
- Implements resource strategies to achieve project goals;
- Ensure the project team is at the right information level and interdependencies are identified and managed;
- Risk and escalation management: technical and non-technical risks for new designs and processes must be evaluated;
- Develops contingency planning and risk mitigation strategies to ensure successful delivery of project goals;
- Communication: you will clearly communicate minutes of meetings with the team and suppliers. You report progress of your project to the stakeholders ( internal and external). Be a key interface towards internal stakeholders as well as project partners, suppliers and customers.
Education and experience
- You have a master’s degree with a technical background;
- You have excellent command of the English language, both verbally and in writing, Dutch is preferred;
- 5+ year experience leading complex and multi-disciplinary projects.
- You act pro-active, take initiative and always act to the greater good of the product such that they serve our customer needs;
- Ability to embrace new technologies;
- Strong affinity with optics and electronics;
- You are a critical thinker always like to think one step ahead;
- Solid technical background to understand and explain the technical challenges and solutions;
- Goal orientation: you show a high level of commitment to realize agreed objectives and take full ownership to overcome obstacles;
- Flexibility: you act with a high level of adaptation to changing circumstances and adjust your style of interaction to different teams and people;
- You can both maintain overview and dive into the details;
- You have excellent communication skills;
- Experience working with AGILE and Waterfall delivery approaches is considered an asset.
Brunel offers outstanding individuals a highly diverse and challenging job opportunity in a company where an open, professional and pleasant working culture is greatly valued; where your personal initiatives will be noticed and rewarded; and where you will receive all the support, coaching and training you need for your future career.
This is your opportunity to discover a wide range of sectors and activities and develop your expertise in a fast-moving and results-oriented environment.
Being intermediated by Brunel means that you are contracted by Brunel. Not only you will have a contract, you will as well be assured of a great career!
Our primary and secondary terms of work are excellent. A few examples are price reductions at CZ Health Insurance, bonus opportunities and standard 26 days off.
Brunel Engineering intermediates both junior and senior engineers within the industry for over 30 years now. Our clients vary from multinationals to local companies. Together we will find the job which meets your wishes.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
We are here to help achieving your ambitions.
Do you also dream of becoming the best in your profession? Or do you aspire that one dream job? Let us support you! Our Be Smart online learning environment offers all you need. Trainings, study materials and best practices, aimed to improve both your hard and soft skills.
Part of our program is to let you learn and share experiences with colleagues; a network of fellow specialists who participate in training sessions, events, webinars and socials. The ideal platform to spar about your ideas and get to know each other.
Along with our network come many experiences to support your personal, customized career path. Brunel colleagues are assigned in over 500 companies in various branches, that enable you to explore your potential and realize your ambitions.