About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Renewable Energy
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Netherlands
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Sunday, 12 March 2023
About this role: Project engineer
Project Engineer - Offshore Wind
We are looking for a (Junior) Installation Engineer to join our team in the offshore wind industry. The ideal candidate will have 0-2 years of experience in engineering and project preparation, with a Bachelor or Master degree in Civil Engineering, Maritime or Mechanical Engineering.
- Technical work preparation for transport, installation, and removal of offshore structures such as wind turbines and offshore oil and gas platforms;
- Concept and detail design of lifting arrangements and engineering for heavy lift installation and removal;
- Review and organize review of internal and external deliverables;
- Prepare subcontractor Scope of Works;
- Work with the team to ensure all projects are completed on time and within budget, while adhering to quality and safety standards.
- Understanding of assets and equipment capabilities;
- Analytical, practical, and pragmatic skills;
- Good communication skills in English;
- Supervisory and coaching skills;
- Ambition to work temporarily offshore;
- Learning mindset and personal leadership;
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
Our company offers:
- International and informal working environment;
- Passionate colleagues;
- Challenging projects;
- Extensive onboarding process;
- Development program;
- Perks and benefits;
- Exercise facilities;
- Social safety net.
If you are a team player who is quality and result oriented, adaptable, and have a passion for the offshore energy markets and crane vessels, we would love to hear from you. Apply now to join our team and help drive the growth of the offshore wind industry.
A typical day for a project Engineer in our company may include the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Reviewing project plans and designs to ensure they are in line with the project scope and requirements;
- Collaborating with other team members, such as project managers and engineers, to develop project schedules, budgets, and risk assessments;
- Participating in meetings with clients, contractors, and other stakeholders to discuss project progress, issues, and solutions;
- Preparing technical documentation, such as lifting plans and equipment lists, to support the installation and removal of offshore structures;
- Reviewing and approving subcontractor scope of works and ensuring that all work is performed in accordance with company and industry standards;
- Supporting the execution of offshore projects by providing technical expertise and guidance to the project team;
- Continuously monitoring project progress and identifying potential issues, and taking necessary actions to mitigate risks;
- Ensuring that all projects are completed on time, within budget, and to the highest quality standards.
Additionally, the (Junior) Installation Engineer may need to be on call or work outside of normal working hours in case of project issues or urgent matters arise.
Please note that the above is a general representation of the tasks and responsibilities that a (Junior) Installation Engineer may be involved in and the actual scope of responsibilities may vary depending on the specific project requirements and the stage of the project.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
We are here to help achieving your ambitions.
Do you also dream of becoming the best in your profession? Or do you aspire that one dream job? Let us support you! Our Be Smart online learning environment offers all you need. Trainings, study materials and best practices, aimed to improve both your hard and soft skills.
Part of our program is to let you learn and share experiences with colleagues; a network of fellow specialists who participate in training sessions, events, webinars and socials. The ideal platform to spar about your ideas and get to know each other.
Along with our network come many experiences to support your personal, customized career path. Brunel colleagues are assigned in over 500 companies in various branches, that enable you to explore your potential and realize your ambitions.