Process Design Engineer
Vacancy number • PUB406089
Do you have strong process design skills and experience with CAPEX projects? Do you have practical experience in the chemical production industry? And would you like to join us and grow greener together? Then we have a challenging opportunity for you!
As a Process Design Engineer within the central Research, Development, Technology and Sustainability department, you are the pivot point when it comes to process design. During early project phases, you are the driving force in our projects, and we need all your creativity to develop the conceptual design of our existing improved or new processes. During basic and detailed engineering, you are the technology expert guiding the engineering contractor, and feeding the other design disciplines. For that we need your process design skills and project expertise. During commissioning and startup of your projects, we need your hands-on mentality. Typical types of projects are automation, environmental or safety improvements, energy efficiency improvements, production growth projects, or new business development projects. Many of your projects will relate to sustainability improvements, helping us to reach our target of being carbon neutral in 2040.
About this role
- Drive feasible innovative ideas from a conceptual phase towards plant scale implementation using new technologies and RD&I information.
- Act as lead process design engineer in projects and contribute to these projects in an agile way, with involvement of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Prepare (together with the engineering contractor); Basis of design, block diagrams, process flow diagrams, material and heat balance; Process calculations, sizing of equipment, piping and instrumentation;
P&ID (Piping & Instrument Diagram); Functional specifications for process control: control narrative, state based automation, cause & effect diagram.
- Act as owner’s process engineer and give guidance and control to an engineering contractor’s team.
- Participate/lead as process responsible in safety analysis and other HSE activities.
- Help our production plants by contributing to resolve deviations in current operations.
- Manage process safety, budget, timing, and quality constrains.
Have you got what it takes?
Is this a challenge that matches your skills and (international) ambitions? Have you acquired a growing knowledge of process design engineering, preferably combined with experience on a production site?
To be successful in this position you should have a high level of ownership and be eager to contribute to continuous improvements. You feel comfortable working with deadlines, you are a good communicator, both within the team and to customers.
Additionally, you also have:
- A Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering.
- At least 5 years of working experience with CAPEX projects.
- Experience with acting as lead process design engineer by example in a multicultural project management environment.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong capabilities in bringing ideas from scratch to conceptual design.
- Strong listening, communication, and analytical skills;
Pro-active and result oriented.
- Excellent internal and external communication & reporting skills, including fluent written and spoken English.
- Willingness to travel regularly to our production locations in the Netherlands, Germany and Denmark.
Brunel offers outstanding individuals a highly diverse and challenging job in a company where an open, professional and pleasant working culture is highly valued; where your personal initiatives are noticed and rewarded; and where you get all the support, coaching and training you need for your future career. This is your chance to discover a wide range of sectors and activities and develop your expertise in a fast-paced and results-driven environment.
Being brokered by Brunel means you have a contract with Brunel. Not only do you have a contract, you are guaranteed a great career! Our primary and secondary terms of employment are excellent. Some examples are price reductions with CZ health insurance, bonus opportunities and standard 26 days off. Brunel Engineering has been mediating both junior and senior engineers within the industry for over 30 years. Our clients range from multinationals to local companies. Together, we find the job that meets your needs.
Brunel is a specialized staffing agency, which means you are the focus! We always look for assignments that match your ambitions, life stage, and knowledge. Our consultants maintain warm and personal contact with you as a specialist and are always there for you.
With over 45 years of experience, we know better than anyone how to support and empower people to grow and excel in their careers. Our passion for people drives us to work every day with full conviction on our mission to make a difference in the development of our people.
Brunel's core values, "Passion for people," "Entrepreneurship," "Honest and integral," and "Results-oriented," guide our organization and the way our employees act. These values contribute to a positive and productive work environment.
Diversity and inclusion
Additionally, Brunel is committed to valuing and encouraging the diverse cultures, backgrounds, and perspectives within our company. We believe in the power of differences and think that diversity and inclusion contribute to a creative and innovative organization.
CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility)
At Brunel, we are strongly aware that we have a responsibility to operate not only economically but also socially and ecologically sustainably. This allows us to grow responsibly and contribute to a better world for future generations. We hope to make an inspiring impact on other companies and collectively make a meaningful difference for people and the environment.
We believe in creating an environment where you can realize your potential and contribute to the success of Brunel. This means connecting, learning, and developing. Here are some benefits of working at Brunel:
- Thanks to our onboarding program, you start with confidence right away.
- The personal development plan provides insight into your ambitions and opportunities within Brunel, offering you the chance to achieve personal goals.
- Through our BeSmart platform, you can take various in-house training courses.
- The training budget allows you to attend courses and training that align with your development needs and ambitions.
- The communities provide a platform where you can network and collaborate with other professionals.
We are here to help achieving your ambitions.
Do you also dream of becoming the best in your profession? Or do you aspire that one dream job? Let us support you! Our Be Smart online learning environment offers all you need. Trainings, study materials and best practices, aimed to improve both your hard and soft skills.
Part of our program is to let you learn and share experiences with colleagues; a network of fellow specialists who participate in training sessions, events, webinars and socials. The ideal platform to spar about your ideas and get to know each other.
Along with our network come many experiences to support your personal, customized career path. Brunel colleagues are assigned in over 500 companies in various branches, that enable you to explore your potential and realize your ambitions.
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Lisette Koopman is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number: PUB406089