About this job
- Market: Industry
- Industry: Automotive
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Eindhoven
What is required?
- hours per week: 37.5
- Education level: Academic Master
- Closing date: Friday, 22 December 2023
About this role: OBD Development Engineer
Are tou ready to be part of a very international environment and get your career path to the next level?
As an OBD Development Engineer within Concept Development you will be part of a team which investigates new concepts meeting future emission and performance requirements. In your role you will investigate OBD requirements & legislation and translate that into system requirements and test proposals as input for concept testing.
- Support development of OBD diagnostics and monitoring for new engine and aftertreatment concepts;
- Translate future OBD legislation into system requirements and test proposals
- Develop heavy duty truck engines and Aftertreatment with focus on legal compliance and minimal false fails;
- Define calibration guidelines as input for the calibration teams;
- Development of problem solutions and realization of solutions in close cooperation with internal and external development partners;
- Take part in multi-disciplinary teams during various stages of development projects;
- Documentation and analyses of test results, tool usage and possible improvements;
- Take initiative to constantly improve tools and processes
As an OBD Engineer for Concept Development you will report to the Engineering Supervisor of the Concept Development Team.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Automotive, Controls or Mechanical Engineering;
- Knowledge in the field of Engine and Aftertreatment systems, OBD, Thermodynamics, Combustion, Control Engineering;
Engine testing experience, preferably on heavy duty truck engines
- Data acquisition
- Data analytics
Handling data with Matlab or Python
You have the following competences
- Result oriented
- Progress monitoring
- Attention to details
Being intermediated by Brunel means that you are contracted by Brunel. Not only you will have a contract, you will as well be assured of a great career! Our primary and secondary terms of work are excellent. A few examples are price reductions at Zilveren Kruis, bonus opportunities and standard 26 days off. Brunel Engineering intermediates both Junior and Senior Engineers within the industry for over 30 years now. Our clients vary from multinationals to local companies. Together we will find the job which meets your wishes.
Since you are living in another country and probably don’t immediately know how to find your way in the Netherlands, Brunel can help you with this. As an international company, we know better than anyone what it is like to move to a foreign country to work. This is why we can arrange the most important things - including those that don’t involve your job - for you and your partner so that you can fully focus on your career in the Netherlands.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
We are here to help achieving your ambitions.
Do you also dream of becoming the best in your profession? Or do you aspire that one dream job? Let us support you! Our Be Smart online learning environment offers all you need. Trainings, study materials and best practices, aimed to improve both your hard and soft skills.
Part of our program is to let you learn and share experiences with colleagues; a network of fellow specialists who participate in training sessions, events, webinars and socials. The ideal platform to spar about your ideas and get to know each other.
Along with our network come many experiences to support your personal, customized career path. Brunel colleagues are assigned in over 500 companies in various branches, that enable you to explore your potential and realize your ambitions.