About this job
- Market: Industry
- Industry: Automotive
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Eindhoven
What is required?
- hours per week: 37.5
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Monday, 20 March 2023
About this role: Line Lead Engineer - Functional Testing
Would you like to work in an international environment and do you have at least 6 years of in depth experience with functional testing of heavy duty vehicles? Please respond!
The Functional Testing Team determines whether an engine and its subsystems are functioning according to established standards while the engine operates in its intended environment. As line lead engineer you will coordinate the activities of at least 5 on-site functional test engineers, working for current and future development projects on multiple platforms, and reports to the Supervisor Functional testing.Job description
- Responsible for realizing project deliverables within one or more areas of expertise;
- Coordinate and coaching activities of test engineers;
- Participation in change management process;
- Secure that technical project choices are within the framework of the chosen strategies by the line management;
- Initiate and participate in risk analysis and test plans;
- Signaling discrepancies (technical content, resource planning) between wishes and decisions line organization and project organization;
- Translate project objectives into requirements for the assigned components or subsystems;
- Document and evaluate test results;
- Develop new test procedures for engine components and engine systems;
- Active contribution to improve test efficiency and test quality;
- Collaboration in project teams.
- Bachelor / Master degree Automotive or Mechanical Engineering;
- Competences:o Action oriented mindseto Operates with a vision
- Knowledge of internal combustion engines, modern controls, sensors, actuators and electronics;
- Knowledge on thermodynamics and fluid dynamics is preferred;
- Familiar with measurement techniques for temperature, pressure, flow and data analysis;
- Enthusiasm to deal with complex engine systems and development of solutions for complex technical challenges;
- Excellent communication skills, Emotional Intelligence;
- Able to work in a complex project oriented environment;
- Good English skills are mandatory, and Dutch has preference;
- At least 6 years relevant work experience.
Being intermediated by Brunel means that you are contracted by Brunel. Not only you will have a contract, you will as well be assured of a great career! Our primary and secondary terms of work are excellent. A few examples are price reductions at CZ Health Insurance, bonus opportunities and standard 26 days off. Brunel Engineering intermediates both Junior and Senior Engineers within the industry for over 30 years now. Our clients vary from multinationals to local companies. Together we will find the job which meets your wishes.
Since you are living in another country and probably don’t immediately know how to find your way in the Netherlands, Brunel can help you with this. As an international company, we know better than anyone what it is like to move to a foreign country to work. This is why we can arrange the most important things - including those that don’t involve your job - for you and your partner so that you can fully focus on your career in the Netherlands.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
We are here to help achieving your ambitions.
Do you also dream of becoming the best in your profession? Or do you aspire that one dream job? Let us support you! Our Be Smart online learning environment offers all you need. Trainings, study materials and best practices, aimed to improve both your hard and soft skills.
Part of our program is to let you learn and share experiences with colleagues; a network of fellow specialists who participate in training sessions, events, webinars and socials. The ideal platform to spar about your ideas and get to know each other.
Along with our network come many experiences to support your personal, customized career path. Brunel colleagues are assigned in over 500 companies in various branches, that enable you to explore your potential and realize your ambitions.