About this job
- Market: Industry
- Industry: High Tech
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Gelderland
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Sunday, 5 February 2023
About this role: IC Package Development / Assembly Engineer
The IC Package Development / Assembly Engineer Technical will lead the development of a package portfolio, supporting NPI from concept through production release. He will provide direction to product- and design engineers for optimum performance while ensuring, cost effective and well manufacturable packaging solutions. Next to this will he guide OSAT’s and support Proto Line from initial sampling to high volume manufacturing. Package types include plastic molded leadframe packages, ceramic packages and air cavity plastic packages for high power RF and Microwave IC’s.
- Developing Backend Assembly Process and/or Package Developments for RF Power products as Technical Lead or Project Manger;
- Work with Product Design, Quality & Reliability, Failure Analysis, Supply Chain, and our OSAT’s to develop and qualify packaging technologies and assembly processes, with focus on performance, cost (DFM), and quality;
- Guidance of the design community in package/material sections and support in initial sample making (proto-line);
- Creation, regular review and updating of design & equipment process FMEA and control plans and design rules
Technical support on Manufacturing with troubleshooting and providing technical solution;
- Perform continuous improvement activities of existing assembly processes, equipment and materials for yield & quality improvements as well as cost savings;
- First point of contact towards OSAT’s for technical aspects.
- BS, MS and PhD preferably in Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Engineering, Material Science, Applied Science, or other relevant qualification;
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience in the function of package and assembly process development such as die attach, SMT, Lid attach, wire bonding and molding;
- Possess in depth technical knowledge and hands on experience on semiconductor backend assembly processes for RF Power Packages;
- Hands on experience on engineering methods such as FMEA/DFMEA/PFMEA, SPC, Pareto Analysis, Control Charts, 8D methodology and DoE;
- Proven experience in project management, document accurately, communicate with intention, report efficiently, pre-empt risk, and drive for the best possible outcome for the customer, for the company, and for the team members;
- Solid experience and technical understanding in semiconductor reliability standards and test methods;
- Experience in materials characterization and analysis, DOE, reliability standards, and FA technique is preferred;
- Experience in low, medium and high-volume manufacturing for high RF Power Products is preferred;
- Extensive experience in collaborating and driving OSATs in all stages of process development and technology transfer;
- Strong background in statistical analysis and proficient in the use of statistical analysis software packages such as JMP;
- Familiar with design tools such as AutoCad or other design tools;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills with a keen attention to details;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English);
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, result oriented growth business;
- Ability to work in the situation with uncertainty with minimum guideline.
Brunel offers outstanding individuals a highly diverse and challenging job opportunity in a company where an open, professional and pleasant working culture is greatly valued; where your personal initiatives will be noticed and rewarded; and where you will receive all the support, coaching and training you need for your future career.
This is your opportunity to discover a wide range of sectors and activities and develop your expertise in a fast-moving and results-oriented environment.
Being intermediated by Brunel means that you are contracted by Brunel. Not only you will have a contract, you will as well be assured of a great career! Our primary and secondary terms of work are excellent. A few examples are price reductions at CZ Health Insurance, bonus opportunities and standard 26 days off.
Brunel Engineering intermediates both junior and senior engineers within the industry for over 30 years now. Our clients vary from multinationals to local companies. Together we will find the job which meets your wishes.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
We are here to help achieving your ambitions.
Do you also dream of becoming the best in your profession? Or do you aspire that one dream job? Let us support you! Our Be Smart online learning environment offers all you need. Trainings, study materials and best practices, aimed to improve both your hard and soft skills.
Part of our program is to let you learn and share experiences with colleagues; a network of fellow specialists who participate in training sessions, events, webinars and socials. The ideal platform to spar about your ideas and get to know each other.
Along with our network come many experiences to support your personal, customized career path. Brunel colleagues are assigned in over 500 companies in various branches, that enable you to explore your potential and realize your ambitions.