About this job
- Market: Industry
- Industry: Industrial Services
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Overijssel
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Friday, 5 January 2024
About this role: Field Service Supervisor - Compressor
We are currently recruiting for a Field Service Supervisor experienced of Installation, Commissioning, Upgrading, Maintaining, Fault Finding and Breakdowns in Turbo Machinery and would cover the Netherlands, abroad and off-shore.
This position involves carrying out work independently in the Netherlands and abroad managing/supervising the work of additional personnel and subcontract labour. The Field Service Supervisor also acts as the intermediary between the customer/contractor and our client. This employee will be involved with all levels of customer management and will therefore will be expected to represent our client in a professional manner.
- Works to the Health & Safety Standards at all times.
- Provide professional advice ensuring the correct installation, assembly, repair and commissioning of machines and installations.
- This responsibility also extends to meeting deadlines and budgets.
- Performs work independently, also installing and commissioning, repairing and modifying machines and installations in accordance with regulations and verbal instruction.
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations and for quality control.
- Ensure caution is taken while working with Customer machines/installations
- Consults with the Project Manager and/or Field Service Coordinator on a regular basis.
- Consults with customer on progress, within the limits of the agreed safety guidelines, scope and planning.
- Coordinates with the customer the most efficient working method and the tools/equipment to be used during the project plus advising the hiring of staff, equipment & tooling as required
- Promotes the sale of spare parts and additional services when asked or on own initiative.
- Mbo+ (intermediate vocational education) or HBO (university of applied science).
- Required to travel up to 100% of the time.
- Qualified to degree level in an appropriate
- Supervising discipline or a chartered
- Supervisor with significant experience.
- Experience working with Centrifugal Compressors
- Technical turbo machinery background in a field/service Supervising role.
- Has highly developed communication skills.
- In the possession of a SCC** certificate and knowledge of working safely.
- Knowledge of the construction and design of rotating machinery and auxiliary equipment, namely: their operation, assembly, disassembly, installation and method of adjustment; adjusting regulating equipment on and around the installations supplied and their systems.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence in the English, Dutch and German language, and procedure manuals; effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Good skills in speech and writing in Dutch and English, other languages is preferred as well.
- Able to work independently.
- Experience with turbo machinery and willing to learn all aspects required for a Field Service Supervisor.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
We are here to help achieving your ambitions.
Do you also dream of becoming the best in your profession? Or do you aspire that one dream job? Let us support you! Our Be Smart online learning environment offers all you need. Trainings, study materials and best practices, aimed to improve both your hard and soft skills.
Part of our program is to let you learn and share experiences with colleagues; a network of fellow specialists who participate in training sessions, events, webinars and socials. The ideal platform to spar about your ideas and get to know each other.
Along with our network come many experiences to support your personal, customized career path. Brunel colleagues are assigned in over 500 companies in various branches, that enable you to explore your potential and realize your ambitions.