About this job
- Market: Industry
- Industry: Automotive
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Eindhoven
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Sunday, 31 December 2023
About this role: Engine and After Treatment Integration Lead
Technical team player who takes the lead in aligning our engine, after treatment, and on-board diagnostic calibration requirements.
As the lead in Engine and After Treatment Integration, you are responsible for taking high level product requirements as input and aligning with all different calibration groups to arrive at specific calibration requirements for our engine and after treatment families.In this role, you apply your domain knowledge of engine and after treatment systems, both hardware and performance, with the communication skills to pull people together, and with drive to improve the performance of our engine and after treatment integrated performance.
Your responsibilities and goals:1. Take ownership of the integration process, with its requirements, strategies, calibration trade-offs and boundaries;
2. Clarify product and function requirements and their meaning for engine and after treatment integration and calibration;3. Prioritize discussion topics and steps necessary to come to clear calibration targets and constraints, as well as strategies to realize optimal performance;
4. Get people together and lead discussions between the groups to agree on available information and follow-up;5. Initiate integrated simulations, data analysis, as well as measurements, for proof-of-concept and trade-offs;
6. Conclude on the agreed targets and chase commitment from all teams on way forward;7. With the calibration and test groups, define test cases for verification of the agreed targets and constraints and review their results and necessary follow-up;
8. Provide boundary conditions for hardware selection of e.g. the after treatment systems, or vehicle integration.9. Analyze, summarize, review and report out to Line Management and the teams;
Daily activities are in close cooperation with all Engine Integration and Validation groups, be it line managers, coordinators and specialists. In this role, you report to the Engineering Supervisor System Performance.
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering;
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience;
- Substantial knowledge of engine, aftertreatment, on-board diagnostics;
- Good English skills are mandatory, Dutch skills are a pre;
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary teams is preferable;
- Personal Competences;
- Be very communicative, verbally, in writing, and while presenting.
Being intermediated by Brunel means that you are contracted by Brunel. Not only you will have a contract, you will as well be assured of a great career! Our primary and secondary terms of work are excellent. A few examples are price reductions at CZ Health Insurance, bonus opportunities and standard 26 days off. Brunel Engineering intermediates both Junior and Senior Engineers within the industry for over 30 years now. Our clients vary from multinationals to local companies. Together we will find the job which meets your wishes.
Since you are living in another country and probably don’t immediately know how to find your way in the Netherlands, Brunel can help you with this. As an international company, we know better than anyone what it is like to move to a foreign country to work. This is why we can arrange the most important things - including those that don’t involve your job - for you and your partner so that you can fully focus on your career in the Netherlands.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
We are here to help achieving your ambitions.
Do you also dream of becoming the best in your profession? Or do you aspire that one dream job? Let us support you! Our Be Smart online learning environment offers all you need. Trainings, study materials and best practices, aimed to improve both your hard and soft skills.
Part of our program is to let you learn and share experiences with colleagues; a network of fellow specialists who participate in training sessions, events, webinars and socials. The ideal platform to spar about your ideas and get to know each other.
Along with our network come many experiences to support your personal, customized career path. Brunel colleagues are assigned in over 500 companies in various branches, that enable you to explore your potential and realize your ambitions.