About this job
- Market: Industry
- Industry: High Tech
- Area of Expertise: Embedded Software
- Location: Deventer
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Sunday, 29 January 2023
About this role: Embedded Software Engineer
Our client is a leading player in the residential market. Their product range has grown into a wide range of sustainable solutions for heating, hot water and renewable energy. They are familiar with the hybrid combination of heat pump and central heating boiler, they are working on central heating appliances that work on hydrogen instead of natural gas, as well as smart systems for energy storage and management. In close collaboration with specialists Deventer and worldwide, they are working hard on the development of ground-breaking sustainable technologies for the future.
As a Firmware Engineer you are involved in the entire software development process, from drawing up requirements to maintaining the developed software. You are responsible for design and development throughout the entire lifecycle. If necessary, you provide support to team members and others who work with your software and to the users who integrate the control units into their product.
- elaborating requirements in more detail;
- Firmware design, development and testing;
- (Technical) documentation of the software, in particular for safety-related components;
- Correct use of tooling such as JIRA, Jenkins, Artifactory and so on;
- Verification of the PCB during integration and validation tests;
- Provide testing and troubleshooting support;
- Identify and implement process and/or product improvements.
- A completed Bsc/Msc in embedded software or equivalent;
- At least 3 years of experience with Embedded software development;
- Experience in software development with C/C++ (or similar);
- Familiar with configuration management and use of software development tool chains and debugging environments;
- Able to write product software specifications and internal technical documentation
Accuracy and pragmatism
Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Familiar with working Agile (Scrum/Kanban/SAFe or scaled agile);
- Affinity / experience with Devops
Independent, accurate, enterprising, team player and quality conscious.
Brunel offers outstanding individuals a highly diverse and challenging job opportunity in a company where an open, professional and pleasant working culture is greatly valued; where your personal initiatives will be noticed and rewarded; and where you will receive all the support, coaching and training you need for your future career.
This is your opportunity to discover a wide range of sectors and activities and develop your expertise in a fast-moving and results-oriented environment. Being intermediated by Brunel means that you are contracted by Brunel. Not only you will have a contract, you will as well be assured of a great career! Our primary and secondary terms of work are excellent.
A few examples are price reductions at Health Insurance, bonus opportunities and standard 26 days off. Brunel Engineering intermediates both junior and senior engineers within the industry for over 30 years now. Our clients vary from multinationals to local companies. Together we will find the job which meets your wishes.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
We are here to help achieving your ambitions.
Do you also dream of becoming the best in your profession? Or do you aspire that one dream job? Let us support you! Our Be Smart online learning environment offers all you need. Trainings, study materials and best practices, aimed to improve both your hard and soft skills.
Part of our program is to let you learn and share experiences with colleagues; a network of fellow specialists who participate in training sessions, events, webinars and socials. The ideal platform to spar about your ideas and get to know each other.
Along with our network come many experiences to support your personal, customized career path. Brunel colleagues are assigned in over 500 companies in various branches, that enable you to explore your potential and realize your ambitions.