About this job
- Market: Industry
- Industry: Automotive
- Area of Expertise: Embedded Software
- Location: Eindhoven
What is required?
- hours per week: 37.5
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Sunday, 31 December 2023
About this role: Embedded Software Engineer - DAF Trucks
Do you want your code to change the future of mobility? We are looking for people to help us change the future of mobility. To realize our mission, we need passionate software engineers who want to shape a new age of mobility. Software is driving this change – therefore we need you, and your vision, ideas, and technical solutions.
- Responsible for the design, realization and test of a system, subsystem and component as part of a user story /
feature; understands and communicates consequences of the design on the architecture;
- Designs for (manual and automated) testability;
- Participates in the planning and retrospective processes during scrum rituals;
- Identifies impediments and sorts them out (with support from the scrum master where required)
• Collaborates, supports and guides other team members towards achieving team goals (collaboration and
- Executes on the definition of done and ensures minimum build failure on account of integration issues, and acts
quickly when failures are detected;
- Challenge the status-quo and bring your best software development practices into the automotive industry;
- Hack on whatever you want during our bi-annual hackathons;
- As an Embedded Software Engineer you will report to the supervisor Platform Development - Software Engineering.
- You have a Bachelor or a Master Degree in Software Engineering, Informatics, Computer Science or equivalent –
we are looking for software engineers. Candidates with a background with mechanical or mechatronics as
education will be rejected. In case you consider the education equivalent, please motivate which software
engineering related courses you followed;
- Soft skills: Ability to collaborate well in teams and across, managing conflicts, interdependencies, accountable
- A proactive workstyle and adapt to change;
- Knowledge of development methodologies like Agile/Scrum;
- Willing to develop software in a model based software environments such as Simulink
- Fluent in English language - effective communication in both verbal and written form; willing to learn the Dutch
- You have projects on GitHub (or equivalent) which you can show and tell about during the interview (does not to
be automotive related - can be any software project even an app for a mobile phone or some backend services);
- And last but not least: willing to learn and show perseverance.
Brunel offers outstanding individuals a highly diverse and challenging job opportunity in a company where an open, professional and pleasant working culture is greatly valued; where your personal initiatives will be noticed and rewarded; and where you will receive all the support, coaching and training you need for your future career. This is your opportunity to discover a wide range of sectors and activities and develop your expertise in a fast-moving and results-oriented environment.
Being intermediated by Brunel means that you are contracted by Brunel. Not only you will have a contract, you will as well be assured of a great career! Our primary and secondary terms of work are excellent. A few examples are price reductions at Health Insurance, bonus opportunities and standard 26 days off. Brunel Engineering intermediates both junior and senior engineers within the industry for over 30 years now. Our clients vary from multinationals to local companies. Together we will find the job which meets your wishes.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel CommunityYou will be working at Brunel's client DAF Trucks, based in Eindhoven. Embedded Engineering is primarily located in Eindhoven and has an office in Pune, India and has over 140 highly
skilled people today. Together we deliver world class engineering in the domains of engine controllers and vehicle
controllers. Next to that, focusing on common software development, Embedded Engineering works closely
together with PACCAR Embedded Engineering located in Renton (near Seattle), the USA.
The products developed within Embedded Engineering are applied on DAF trucks but also in the famous PACCAR
brands Kenworth and Peterbilt. Through component sales our products are used by leading bus and coach
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
We are here to help achieving your ambitions.
Do you also dream of becoming the best in your profession? Or do you aspire that one dream job? Let us support you! Our Be Smart online learning environment offers all you need. Trainings, study materials and best practices, aimed to improve both your hard and soft skills.
Part of our program is to let you learn and share experiences with colleagues; a network of fellow specialists who participate in training sessions, events, webinars and socials. The ideal platform to spar about your ideas and get to know each other.
Along with our network come many experiences to support your personal, customized career path. Brunel colleagues are assigned in over 500 companies in various branches, that enable you to explore your potential and realize your ambitions.