About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Renewable Energy
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Netherlands
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Master +
- Closing date: Thursday, 30 March 2023
About this role: Electrical Engineer - Renewable Power Generation Connection
We are seeking an experienced electrical engineer with a Master's or PhD degree and at least 5+ years of experience in grid connection for the renewable power generation connection.
In this role, you will be responsible for designing and implementing electrical systems for renewable power generation projects, including the connection to the grid. You will work closely with project managers and other team members to ensure that state of the art technology is used to the highest standard. The emphasis lies on the development of new technologies and solutions to optimize performance.
The successful candidate will be responsible for connecting a wind park to the existing network, as well as a new hydrogen factory that is currently being built. This will involve designing and implementing electrical systems, analyzing and troubleshooting technical issues, and working closely with a team of engineers.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in electrical engineering, with a focus on renewable energy and grid connection. They should have to solve the problem, but at the same time have the big picture in mind. Problem-solving skills are key, but also be able to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
If you are a highly motivated and skilled electrical engineer with a passion for renewable energy, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
- Optimization for grid connections for offshore windfarms;
- Power quality on integration AC/DC solutions and system dynamic stability;
- Compare the options in renewable power generation assets;
- Power conversion in wind/solar assets for power and hydrogen export;
- Support energy collaborations;
- Decarbonization projects involving power transmission and distribution.
This is what you bring:
- PH.D or Master’s in Electrical engineering;
- 5+ working experience in power transmission and distribution or renewable power generation;
- Knowledge of power transmissions/distributions, think of a subsea cable, power transformer circuit breaker shunt reactors etc.);
- Electrical power system and engineering experience in either offshore, EPC, TSO/DSO research project or comparable;
- A great mindset and proven eagerness and ability to build expertise;
- Strong teamplayer whilst also able to work autonomously (global/virtual);
- Ability to link business drivers to deep technical understanding;
- HSSE commitment.
- Power System Planning;
Innovation is key, inclusion key and rewarding is key.
Working in one of the leading companies in the world on R&D related topics to be implementing in the world.
Salary indication based on your working experience (3500 - 5000)
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
We are here to help achieving your ambitions.
Do you also dream of becoming the best in your profession? Or do you aspire that one dream job? Let us support you! Our Be Smart online learning environment offers all you need. Trainings, study materials and best practices, aimed to improve both your hard and soft skills.
Part of our program is to let you learn and share experiences with colleagues; a network of fellow specialists who participate in training sessions, events, webinars and socials. The ideal platform to spar about your ideas and get to know each other.
Along with our network come many experiences to support your personal, customized career path. Brunel colleagues are assigned in over 500 companies in various branches, that enable you to explore your potential and realize your ambitions.