About this job
- Market: Services
- Industry: IT & Telecom
- Area of Expertise: Network, Systems, Telephony & Hardware
- Location: Utrecht
What is required?
- hours per week: 36
- Education level: Academic Master +
- Closing date: Sunday, 12 February 2023
About this role: DevOps Engineer Linux
As a DevOps engineer you’ll enter the world of IT. As Compliance IT department (?150 IT specialists) we facilitate all kinds of Compliance Monitoring (Fraud, AML, Sanction, Abuse, CDD) for all our offices globally. Transactions continue 24/7 and we need to be able to monitor these at all times. As a DevOps Engineer you are responsible for realising new – and keep on running current functionality in our end to end Transaction Monitoring applications and services.
We make use of modern state-of-the-art techniques.
As a DevOps Engineer you’ll be made ready to start working in one of our DevOps scrum teams, making use of these modern techniques, performing thorough analyses, together with colleagues in an Agile setting and DevOps scrum team.
As a DevOps Engineer you are able to do the development process from analyses to design to server/pipeline configuration and also helps out in supporting users in their design process. In short, a very versatile role. Besides your primary role you are also capable to take over basic activities of your colleague DevOps (Scrum)-team members, like solving production issues, supporting users in their configuration, and renewing certificates. You will be able to develop yourself and your specialties towards a T-shaped role within the team.
Customer focus, collaboration, communication, deliver results, convince, inspire, develop, motivate, and problem solving are clearly essential for the role of DevOps Engineer.
So what we are also looking for in you:
- You understand end-users needs and are able to translate these to IT solutions;
- You are functionally strong and analytical;
- You have an intrinsic drive to keep on developing yourself and develop new specialties;
- You are able to make sense of complex, high quantity and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems;
- You have a passion to be an advocate of the DevOps culture and principles;
- As team player you need to be flexible, curious, investigative and you’re not afraid to take ownership.
What we are looking for in you:
- Minimum 3+ years of Experience and deep working knowledge in Redhat Linux;
- 1+ years of Experience in Microsoft Azure;
- Experience with Agile Scrum way of working;
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator;
- AZ-400 Designing and Implementing Microsoft DevOps solutions;
- In-depth knowledge of Deploying infrastructure through CI/CD Azure DevOps pipelines;
- Web Server Knowledge - Jboss, NGINX.
Must have (technical) skills:
- Writing YAML pipeline code and configurations;
- Hands-on experience of configuration management tool such as Ansible;
- Writing in Shell script;
- Hand-on experience with SQL/Oracle;
- A plus would be if you:
- Are proficient with the Dutch language;
- Have development and coding experience in Java and Python;
- AZ-104 Azure Administrator Associate certificate;
- Red Hat Certified Specialist in Ansible Automation certificate;
- Knowledge of File Transferring Tools such as; IBM MQ, FUSE, Axual BEB;
- Knowledge of networking technologies, eg IP,DNS,firewalling, load balancing.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
We are here to help achieving your ambitions.
Do you also dream of becoming the best in your profession? Or do you aspire that one dream job? Let us support you! Our Be Smart online learning environment offers all you need. Trainings, study materials and best practices, aimed to improve both your hard and soft skills.
Part of our program is to let you learn and share experiences with colleagues; a network of fellow specialists who participate in training sessions, events, webinars and socials. The ideal platform to spar about your ideas and get to know each other.
Along with our network come many experiences to support your personal, customized career path. Brunel colleagues are assigned in over 500 companies in various branches, that enable you to explore your potential and realize your ambitions.