Development Engineer Mechatronics
Vacancy number • PUB406470
In this role, you have the opportunity to develop mechatronic solutions for our grooming and beauty products from initial design concepts to mass production in a multidisciplinary team. The Grooming and Beauty Business has a rich history in producing state of art consumer products and services in the personal care space. Together with a multi-disciplinary team, you design and validate the mechatronic functions, including required modules/parts, towards the final technical product implementation.
About this role
You are part of a multidisciplinary development team consisting of e.g. system engineers, function development engineers, application research specialists, electronic and mechanical engineers.
You are an excellent hands-on engineer with a broad technological background and a proactive team player. You show leadership to meet your personal and business goals and are a strong communicator.
You are responsible for developing innovative solutions for grooming and beauty appliances, i.e. shavers, trimmers, clippers, body-groomers, one-blades, epilators from initial design concepts to mass production in a multidisciplinary team.
- Creating high quality mechatronic designs, according specification and which are mass producible.
- Influencing a multi-disciplinary team of product engineers and developers within projects, e.g. steer a multi-disciplinary product development team and manage cross functional aspects.
- Managing and defining product and element requirements, lead DFMEAs and follow the v-model methodology.
- Release solutions including components and sub-assemblies for mass production.
- Lead ideation sessions, drive concept creation and decision making.
- Proof that the developed solutions fulfills the function(s) and requirements under all load cases (via e.g. calculation, simulation, tolerance analysis, prototyping and testing).
- Planning and prioritizing your own work and manage the interfaces with other modules/parts able to work via agile approach.
- Identifying gaps and implement improvements to bring the mechatronics development group to a higher level.
You will be part of the Mechatronic Engineering team that consists about 15 enthusiastic specialists.
Grooming and Beauty is an inclusive, diverse and open work environment that celebrating success regularly. Collaborating in a continuous improvement mindset, challenging each other enabling our growth. You will be in touch with a broad variety of (international) stakeholders. You will report into the Mechatronic Engineering Group Leader.
- To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years work experience in mechatronic product design for mass production.
- Solid understanding of mechanical and mechatronic design principles incl, design for injection molding.
- Experience with working in (international) multi-disciplinary projects, preferably in Business to Consumer.
- Experience in state-of-the-art development techniques, CAD (NX) and FEA (Ansys); knowledge on the design of mechatronic solutions including manufacturability aspects.
- Broad multi-disciplinary technological interest and knowledge.
- Quality driven - experience with Design for Six Sigma (i.e. being greenbelt certified) is a plus.
- Conceptual mindset and the ability to balance innovation and practical realization.
- Determination in decision making and independence.
- Ambitious and leadership talent.
Brunel offers outstanding individuals a highly diverse and challenging job in a company where an open, professional and pleasant working culture is highly valued; where your personal initiatives are noticed and rewarded; and where you get all the support, coaching and training you need for your future career. This is your chance to discover a wide range of sectors and activities and develop your expertise in a fast-paced and results-driven environment.
Being brokered by Brunel means you have a contract with Brunel. Not only do you have a contract, you are guaranteed a great career! Our primary and secondary terms of employment are excellent. Some examples are price reductions with CZ health insurance, bonus opportunities and standard 26 days off. Brunel Engineering has been mediating both junior and senior engineers within the industry for over 30 years. Our clients range from multinationals to local companies. Together, we find the job that meets your needs.
Brunel is a specialized staffing agency, which means you are the focus! We always look for assignments that match your ambitions, life stage, and knowledge. Our consultants maintain warm and personal contact with you as a specialist and are always there for you.
With over 45 years of experience, we know better than anyone how to support and empower people to grow and excel in their careers. Our passion for people drives us to work every day with full conviction on our mission to make a difference in the development of our people.
Brunel's core values, "Passion for people," "Entrepreneurship," "Honest and integral," and "Results-oriented," guide our organization and the way our employees act. These values contribute to a positive and productive work environment.
Diversity and inclusion
Additionally, Brunel is committed to valuing and encouraging the diverse cultures, backgrounds, and perspectives within our company. We believe in the power of differences and think that diversity and inclusion contribute to a creative and innovative organization.
CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility)
At Brunel, we are strongly aware that we have a responsibility to operate not only economically but also socially and ecologically sustainably. This allows us to grow responsibly and contribute to a better world for future generations. We hope to make an inspiring impact on other companies and collectively make a meaningful difference for people and the environment.
We believe in creating an environment where you can realize your potential and contribute to the success of Brunel. This means connecting, learning, and developing. Here are some benefits of working at Brunel:
- Thanks to our onboarding program, you start with confidence right away.
- The personal development plan provides insight into your ambitions and opportunities within Brunel, offering you the chance to achieve personal goals.
- Through our BeSmart platform, you can take various in-house training courses.
- The training budget allows you to attend courses and training that align with your development needs and ambitions.
- The communities provide a platform where you can network and collaborate with other professionals.
We are here to help achieving your ambitions.
Do you also dream of becoming the best in your profession? Or do you aspire that one dream job? Let us support you! Our Be Smart online learning environment offers all you need. Trainings, study materials and best practices, aimed to improve both your hard and soft skills.
Part of our program is to let you learn and share experiences with colleagues; a network of fellow specialists who participate in training sessions, events, webinars and socials. The ideal platform to spar about your ideas and get to know each other.
Along with our network come many experiences to support your personal, customized career path. Brunel colleagues are assigned in over 500 companies in various branches, that enable you to explore your potential and realize your ambitions.
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Lisette Koopman is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number: PUB406470