About this job
- Market: Industry
- Industry: High Tech
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Overijssel
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Master
- Closing date: Monday, 26 February 2024
About this role: Analytical Scientist
The Analytical Scientist provides advanced analytical support for the continuous development and improvement of the analytical team of the European R&D Department and the quality of the product range. You provide expertise for troubleshooting and contribute to the development of new analytical methods and products.
- Provide (advanced) analytical support for new product developments, troubleshooting activities, customer or internal inquiries;
- Coordinate and perform root cause analysis research for off-spec productions and quality complaints;
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the analytical techniques and methods;
- Develop and validate analytical methods that assure product quality with minimum impact on production times;
- Substantiate, request, set-up and introduce new analytical equipment;
- Manage, solve and report on the advanced analytical challenges provided to you, independently and in timely fashion;
- Train and coach QC specialists and analysts on the job.
- University (of applied sciences) degree in organic or analytical chemistry;
- Minimum 3 years working experience in Analytics (Industry);
- Demonstrable knowledge of organic and/or polymer chemistry as well as analytical chemistry and chromatography;
- Experience with both chromatographic (LC/GC-MS, GPC, IC) and wet-chemical analysis techniques;
- Experience with interpretation of spectroscopic techniques (NMR, IR, UV/Vis, EDX);
- Demonstrable knowledge of continuous improvement techniques and statistical process control is a plus;
- Good communicative skills.
- Fluent English (Dutch is a plus);
- Socially intelligent and pragmatic team player with a sense of urgency;
- Pragmatic, proactive, accurate, service and result oriented.
Brunel offers outstanding individuals a highly diverse and challenging job in a company where an open, professional and pleasant working culture is highly valued; where your personal initiatives are noticed and rewarded; and where you get all the support, coaching and training you need for your future career. This is your chance to discover a wide range of sectors and activities and develop your expertise in a fast-paced and results-driven environment.
Being brokered by Brunel means you have a contract with Brunel. Not only do you have a contract, you are guaranteed a great career! Our primary and secondary terms of employment are excellent. Some examples are price reductions with CZ health insurance, bonus opportunities and standard 26 days off. Brunel Engineering has been mediating both junior and senior engineers within the industry for over 30 years. Our clients range from multinationals to local companies. Together, we find the job that meets your needs.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
We are here to help achieving your ambitions.
Do you also dream of becoming the best in your profession? Or do you aspire that one dream job? Let us support you! Our Be Smart online learning environment offers all you need. Trainings, study materials and best practices, aimed to improve both your hard and soft skills.
Part of our program is to let you learn and share experiences with colleagues; a network of fellow specialists who participate in training sessions, events, webinars and socials. The ideal platform to spar about your ideas and get to know each other.
Along with our network come many experiences to support your personal, customized career path. Brunel colleagues are assigned in over 500 companies in various branches, that enable you to explore your potential and realize your ambitions.