Secondary Design Engineer
Vacancy number • TR-007756
Fascinated, fearless and focused, that's your attitude towards complex design and engineering projects in renewable energy. To you this comes naturally, and so comes the drive to be involved in the entire design cycle of control and low voltage parts and all related phases. To us, this sounds wonderful. So, are you currently looking for a new and challenging design role? Come an explore Brunel!
About this role
- Define all equipment and documents necessary to meet customer needs, including Cubicles for Control & Protection and cubicles for Auxiliary Services, LV cables, battery cells, and chargers
- Establish basic design, and then detailed drawings in compliance with contractual specifications during the Basic Design/Principle phase, using CAD tools in line with company processes.
- Establish technical specifications for LV equipment supplied by internal partners and external suppliers.
- Analyze technical proposals received and participate in technical clarifications with equipment suppliers by supporting the Sourcing department.
- Establish Bill of Quantities for LV equipment (Request for Procurement) and technical specifications for necessary erection tools
- Participate in factory acceptance tests and reception of HV equipment in compliance with contractual technical specifications and project time schedules
What you need to bring
* Experience in High Voltage (HV) Transmission Substation activities, or other Industrial Domain.
* Knowledge of electrical installations, including control and protection systems
* Fluent in English, reading and writing.
* Expertise in Low Voltage (LV) installation, Digital and Conventional Control Systems
* Ability to design schematics and cable synoptic using principle diagrams
Brunel takes people on with permanent contracts. Further to that, we offer you an in-house collective agreement that is tailored to the salary structures of the various professional groups and rewards qualifications and professional experience. In addition to the collectively agreed social benefits of an expanding company, we also offer you the opportunity for personal and professional development in line with your individual experience.
This is what Brunel stands for!
To work for Brunel is to experience attractive work assignments, look forward to positive career prospects, enjoy the secure backing of a growing employer and explore the sheer diversity of the world of engineering and IT. In the DACH-CZ region, we have over 40 offices and development centres with accredited test laboratories. Globally, we have a network of more than 12,000 specialists at over 120 offices in over 40 countries. More than 45 years of international success and over 10 years in Austria - to stand still is to fall behind, so stay on the move with Brunel!
Diverse career opportunities and insights into top companies – from medium-sized companies to global players – across a wide range of industries. This is what our employees can expect from Brunel. But there is much more:
So that our employees can accept and master professional challenges in the best possible way, we support them with individual training, support and advancement opportunities.
We ensure that all of our employees have a good work-life balance. Part-time employment in the interests of a better balance between work and family, as well as working time models such as flexitime, are therefore an integral part of our offer - also for managers.
Our broad network of locations across the entire DACH-CZ region as well as our extensive customer portfolio offer secure, varied jobs - also internationally if you are interested.
As a global company, we bear responsibility: for our employees, but also for society and the environment. For us, this is not an empty promise; we take on this responsibility every day. Our commitment to the environment and our social commitment are enshrined in our Environmental Social Governance (ESG) strategy.
Brunellers are people from many different cultures and nations. The diversity of our employees is an integral part of our heterogeneous teams and a great strength. This means that every task is solved in a multifaceted, innovative and efficient manner.
We are proud of our grown and lived corporate culture: Our interactions are characterized by mutual appreciation – between all employees and at all company levels. We also maintain an open culture of trust with flat hierarchies. For us, “you” applies to everyone without exception, right up to the CEO. Our working atmosphere is characterized by respect, trust, appreciation and an open feedback culture.
Various events, campaigns and traditions make this corporate culture tangible for all Brunellers. No matter where in the world: we are a team! Our shared values also ensure this!
We will now begin examining your application: We will take a close look at your application documents and ask you for additional information if necessary. If your qualifications match our requirements, we will invite you to meet us for the first time.
In an introductory meeting, we would like to find out more about your interests, ambitions and professional developments. At the same time, we report on working at Brunel and provide information about all career opportunities and prospects.
If the introductory meeting goes well for you and us, we will arrange a meeting with the customer who has the perfect project for you. This gives you the opportunity to find out more about the customer and the project.
If you enjoyed the project discussion and the customer is also convinced of your expertise, we will ask you the final and decisive question: Do you want to get started at Brunel?
Now great times are beginning! With Brunel you have countless opportunities to help shape technological progress. You decide how your career path goes. We support you in every phase of your career. You always have security behind you: Brunel!
Your consultant, Thore Melf Thun is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number: TR-007756