About this role: Supply Chain Commercial Specialist - P&M
On behalf of our client, a leading natural gas producer, Brunel are currently looking for a Supply Chain Commercial Specialist (Production and Maintenance) to develop sourcing strategies and tactics.
- Develop sourcing strategies and tactics based on a deep understanding of the current situation of the business, the business strategy and drivers, the local supplier market and global strategies.
- Ensure stakeholders in the Supply Chain understand the intent of contracts, optimise the use of contracts.
- Drive commerciality in the post award contract management with vendors and remove waste.
- Ensure Supply Chain Strategy supports Goal Zero Aspiration through implementation of robust Contractor Safety Management practices and alignment to business personal and process safety Goal Zero focus areas.
- Bring quality mindset as well as leveraging levers like workers welfare in achieving the goals
- Design and improve with business partners the assigned supply chains, starting with inhouse/outsource choices and (re)designs, the contracting strategy and commercial tactics and post award contract management.
- Build and maintain strong network in the market, being fully aware of supplier developments andopportunities coming up in the market.
- Apply the CMCP process and CP operations practices while focusing on contribution to the business drivers and not compromising on compliance for HSSE&SP, E&C, Code of Conduct, Laws, and regulations.
- Understand the changes in the business, business drivers and external environment and trigger adjustment of supply chain end to end processes, lead and develop category strategies and negotiate contracts
- Manage relationships across the end-to-end supply chain for the assigned categories and ensure that stakeholders understand the intent of the contract and work together to achieve the desired business outcomes.
- Determine the right remuneration model (e.g. output-based contract) to encourage the right behaviours and expectations from suppliers to optimise alignment of supply chain and asset delivery.
- Drive total cost reductions and value beyond ‘the usual’. Identify opportunities in the contract portfolio to create more value and/or to eliminate waste.
- Drive continuous improvement by replicating game changer improvements and recommended practices.
- Facilitate discussions on process performance and inefficiencies
- Conduct tenders evaluate bids, develop robust should cost models to generate value & drive negotiations with Suppliers in line with CMCP guidance and in close collaboration with the business.
- Proactively identify & understand procurement needs from internal stakeholders and propose competitive solutions for the end-to-end Supply Chain.
- Ensure integrated ways of working with business and suppliers.
- 10+ years Contracts & Supply Chain experience including both pre-award and post award contractmanagement
- Experience in contract negotiations & tender evaluation and has attention for detail.
- Able to adjust global strategies to the current situation of the local business and market conditions
- Able to influence stakeholders (Business, CP, Suppliers) to work together in an integrated way
- Able to perform contract management (including post contract process steps)
- Able to manage supplier relationships
- Highly driven, ‘can do’, inspiring, able to articulate in a crisp and precise manner
- Able to translate strategy to tangible and valuable outcomes for the local business
- Uncompromising on HSSE, ethics & compliance
- Continuous improvement and simplification mindset
- Able to look ahead, think strategically while focusing on day-to-day deliver
- Experience in managing Production and Maintenance contracts is desirable
- Experienced user of SAP/Ariba for all CP related activities.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in a relevant technical field and/or 5-10 years of experience in applying the discipline skill to oil and gas projects.
- Familiar with a variety of the discipline's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks with minimal day to day supervision.
- Perth based
- 12 months contract
- Competitive rates
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Yamila Cabral via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth