About this role: Senior Project Manager - Mining Construction
Brunel Energy is on the hunt for an experienced all-rounder Senior Project Manager to oversee a critical new plant + material handling project to be based at their refinery hub in the beautiful Peel region. The outlook for this engagement will be for the long term with a view to 5 years with the possibility of transitioning to a permanent position in the future.
The Senior Project Manager will have experience delivery of large scale greenfields projects within a refinery environment taken from initial business case, award of work, construction, commissioning and close out. You will be more than comfortable in the execution of projects in the vicinity of $200M to $300M, well supported by a team of the Lead Engineer, Project Controls and site engineering.
As Senior Project Manager, your key accountabilities will encompass project review and award, all fiscal responsibility, construction management, resource appointment, OH&S, stakeholder engagement and provision of exceptional leadership on a key project within the refinery.
- 15+ years experience in an Operations/Engineering and project management field
- Bachelor in Engineering – Mechanical preferred
- Prior experience in wet plant project + material handling construction is ideal
- Experience in full project lifecycle, from business case to studies, FEED, construction, implementation, commissioning and handover
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to influence and challenge decision making
- Business and customer focus are critical with an appreciation for Owner led Engineering and Project Management relationships and execution strategies
- SOR Location: Peel Region so will suit a locally based candidate
- Monday to Friday: No FIFO or rosters: in your bed, every single night
- Superannuation paid on all hours
- Genuine temp to perm opportunity Dedicated Brunel Consultant
- Long term contract with very strong probability of conversion to permanent employment
- Highly competitive rates for residential role8 hour days can be flexed to suit
- 10.5% Superannuation paid on all hours
- World first technologies being applied, and major investments made across the business
- Commitment to sustainability road map and carbon neutral aluminum
- Recognised Employer of Choice for Diversity & Inclusion
- Brunel Benefits – salary packaging, flexible payroll options, discounted Gym & health membership, corporate travel benefits plus more
About BrunelBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)